Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Anyone Watching ND vs Michigan

F*cking ABC has lame-ass Penn State on, but luckily another local channel picked up the ABC feed so I get to watch this game. So far though I think its been pretty boring. Both teams defense are not that great so I expected a high scoring game. So far, there's been some ball movement but not too much putting points on the board.

ND needs to stop being bitches and kick the ball to Stevie B though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone Watching ND vs Michigan

Michigan is losing. Makes me angry.

I always want them to be undefeated when the Buckeyes beat them.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:28 PM

all those haters and whiners last year who said it wasn't ty willingham's fault are eating some good old down home crow now. The N.D. offense, and whole team for that matter, looks entirely diferent. Go figure. And they not even that stocked with top blue chippers- YET. Go charlie.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all those haters and whiners last year who said it wasn't ty willingham's fault are eating some good old down home crow now. The N.D. offense, and whole team for that matter, looks entirely diferent. Go figure. And they not even that stocked with top blue chippers- YET. Go charlie.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been proven time and again that the good NFL coaches can coach circles around those college clowns (no, Ron Turner doesn't count as a good NFL coach). Weiss will do for ND what Carroll did for USC.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been proven time and again that the good NFL coaches can coach circles around those college clowns (no, Ron Turner doesn't count as a good NFL coach). Weiss will do for ND what Carroll did for USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan and Wannstedt are really tearing it up. The pro offense doesn't always fit the college game.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 PM

ND totally shut down the run in the first half. (with the exception of the Breaston end around)

The first 6 quarters of Weis's ND career has been nothing short of spectacular. Weis really has everyone playing hard.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan and Wannstedt are really tearing it up. The pro offense doesn't always fit the college game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key word was 'good' NFL coaches
Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 PM

I said good NFL coaches.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Callahan took over an offense that was option based and has tried to turn it into a spread offense. That change can't happen overnight.

Wanny is struggling now because of Walt Harris' poor recruiting. He's taking a spread offense team and trying to turn it into a ball control offense. Again another change that won't happen overnight.

I'm a huge Pitt fan and while it hurt to see Pitt lose to Ohio last night, I know that's not a sign of the future of our program.

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice how clark said Good NFL coaches....Wannstedt doesnt fit that criteria