Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Deviled Eggs

So I was on my way back from the Poconos, and the woman and I stopped in a deli to get something to eat. Sure enough this quaint little place sold deviled eggs... Strange Ive never been in a deli that sold them, but this was a mom/pop type joint. Either way I figured Id by 2 (halves) as I hadnt had one in a really long time, and used to like them. So we hit the road and I indulge...... No Mustard..... WTF were they thinking? It was like egg salad, not what I had signed up for. I felt like I was really screwed.

Edit: Another funny thing happened while I was there.... I asked for Roast Beef and Cheddar on a roll. The woman says "we are out of cheddar....... but we should be getting some in tomorrow"....... I said "Its not worth the wait" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Deviled Eggs

Yes, it's definitely risky to get something like this from a deli. I wanted to make my own, so I searched and found a lot of very different recipes.

I've been using this and this. I leave out the bacon and parsley and just sprinkle with paprika. Oh and I increase the horseradish to 1 tbsp. and the dash of Tabasco to something like 20 dashes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Deviled Eggs

never tried with tabasco or vinegar..... i gotta get some eggs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]