Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Chk/Push - Overused? (some thoughts)

Today during the Sat night spec, I was checkpushed 4 times I think. That is, I had position, and had raised PF and the OOP player (often a blind) checked the flop and pushed after I bet. I think I had the goods once (and was subsequently out-drawn). So? This seems like it has become SOP in MTTs. Hell, it is a move that I use myself. So, what can we do about it? I'm thinking that with clear drawing hands where we give ourselves 6+ outs, we can check behind on a lot more flops. For the most part, this sends warning signals to our opponent, so unless he catchs big on the turn, he's gonna check fold anyway (if he was planning to do this on the flop). But against players that were planning to chk/push, this gives us outs and messes with them a little. Remember there are some times where I would chk behind on a flop anyway (flop trips, flop flush, flop str8). And no, this isn't entirely new, I do check behind after missing occasionally. Thoughts?