Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Weird flush hand.

SB is 31.25/0 general fish type, BB is a slight LAG.
This was my last hand at the table, so I decided to play it before standing up. I honestly had no reads on what these people had on the flop. I was reasonably sure my flush draw was good. I was thinking each of them flopped a hand as I don't think they would cap with a flush draw here. With a gutshot sf, overcards (granted they are probably useless), I think I was right to continue. When they all slowed down on the turn I was a bit confused, maybe furthering my belief that they had already made a hand on the cr, so if I hit an out on the river it would probably be good. Should I be leading this turn? I don't think so given all of the aggression of the previous round I don't want to be paying multiple bets when I'm surely drawing. And I don't think I can check-raise for value here. If I can I think it's marginal at best and sufferrs the same fate of valuebetting, namely paying extra bets to see the river.

Any thoughts?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (18 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Weird flush hand.

fold preflop. postflop is perfect, but it's not a hard hand to play.

edit: i tried to read that thing you wrote before the hand. that's all.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Weird flush hand.

Postflop is fine. Don't call a hand just because it's your last one at the table, though. You may only lose a couple BB, but if your winrate is 2BB/100 for a session of 100 hands, that puts you back to even!