Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:28 PM

Default A9o with ace board limped pot, PLHE supersatellite

PLHE turbo supersatellite for $530 PLHE WCOOP seat. I have T9K in 12th place, 30 players remaining 9 seats, blinds 400/800. UTG (T6500) limps, 2nd position (T15K) limps, I complete in SB with A9o, BB checks.

Flop comes AT8s. I check, UTG bets 800 at 3200 pot. 2nd position folds. What should I do?
Old 09-10-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: A9o with ace board limped pot, PLHE supersatellite

Fold preflop. A9o out of position is just too hard to play multiway and makes second best hand a lot. I don't mind raising as big stack to steal the blinds here but your stack is too small to do it without pot committing yourself.

Fold to the bet on the flop.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: A9o with ace board limped pot, PLHE supersatellite

I didn't think of folding preflop, although I wasn't happy about calling. I will often fold a weaker unsuited ace in the SB, because I don't think there is much potential for that hand.

I didn't know what to do after the minibet on the flop, but I figured I was probably ahead and the pot was big, so I bet pot, essentially allin. UTG called and showed AKo. UTG must be seriously into trapping. I was worried about a higher ace from the early position limpers, but I thought a decent ace would bet stronger with all the draws. I often get trapped by these trappers.

I moved into next to last after this from being at the level to get a seat (with much play left). However, I got a coin flip and tripled up with the blinds and antes, and went on to win a seat. Accumulating tons of those W$s.