Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Default One of the funniest moments I\'ve ever witnessed in poker history

Let me give you the boring background first.

This event took place at one of our home games. The person directly involved in the incident is a decent player; not great, but not bad either. However, he has this horrible tendency to muck when his hands are uncalled. He does it because he clearly thinks mucking will improve his play, but when he does it, we all laugh, beacuse he kinda just turns his head to the right, pushes his cards in, and exclaims, "I MUCK!" It's funnier when you're there.

BUT ALAS, this is not the point of this story.

So we're playing in one of our home games, and I had been knocked out about 15 minutes earlier so I was just hanging around, when another one of the regulars stopped by. He had just bought a new car, so I went outside with him to take a look at it. And as we're looking at the car, and I'm actually getting ready to leave, I hear a mammoth crash coming from inside the house. My friend and I run inside the house and see a chandelier (not a grand one, but, a decent-sized chandelier, one you'd find over a dining room table) completely and utterly smashed all over the table, with glass slamming EVERYWHERE. I was like "what the [censored] happened here, how the hell could this happen?"

Well, apparently, this could who mucks funny, flopped a straight draw, went all-in, and was called by one other person. The other person had a four flush with top pair, and muck-man had the striaght draw. The turn, now, magically brought the straight, and muck-man leapt up from his chair, fist raised, and put his hand right through the chandelier, causing it to come crashing down on the table. I broke out hysterically laughing, and muck-man was obviously upset by what he did, and started to get really pissed. I was dead tired and didn't want to drive home a wreck, so, I left immediately after. But apparently, after I left, and everything was cleared, the river was played, and muck-man lost to the flush, and was eliminated. Serves him right.

I definitely didn't tell that story in a way that makes it as funny as it could be, but I hope all y'all will find it funny.

The_Missile
Old 09-07-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: One of the funniest moments I\'ve ever witnessed in poker history

Ya, you could have made it way funnier, but it was still pretty good.

Not to hijack your thread, but it totally reminded me of an incident (actually a string of incidents) at my home game. One of my buddies rivered his 2 outer with KK vs. AA and the AA guy got up so fast he bumped the table and knocked the sweetest bong you've ever seen over, shattering it on the floor. The owner, coincidentally the guy with KK, got so pissed/annoyed that he punched a door and broke his hand. Not even 5 hands after that happened, a different guy (who was pretty sloshed) got so pissed at another river job that he slammed the table and knocked everyone's chips all over the place, making it impossible to figure out who had what. Needless to say it was a disastrous night.

Home games can be dangerous...but fun as hell.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 PM

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my line, mmmkay?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM

that's hilarious - i could almost picture this going down. f-ing funny!