Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Fun with ladies..

No real note worthy reads as of yet, I really felt I was up against an overpair here after the way the play went on the flop, however did I have any justifiable odds to play it in any semblence the way I did?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

I really didn't like the way I played the turn, I think I should have a) folded or b) raised it, I don't calling was the right play, calling two bets cold usally wrong and I dont know what the hell I was doing.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Fun with ladies..

Your flop-turn line makes no sense.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:08 PM

Cut out that button folded next time.

This hand is yuck. I don't think I like the flop cap (UTG has AJ at WORST here once he check/3-bets) and button's flop raise, although I guess it was AK this time, is worrisome.

After you capped the flop though, why didn't you lead the turn? If there's any place to fold in this hand it is on the turn facing two cold, but against complete unknowns I hate doing it.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 PM

I think I could probably find a fold on the flop.

the turn is an easy muck when it's two back to me.

unless you're dealing with maniacs, *at least* one of them has you badly beaten with AA, KK, or JJ (or tied with QQ, which is of negligible concern)