Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM

Default AK in SB

lately, i dont like to play AK to a large raise.. 4-5x the BB. It's just too hard to play after the flop unless i hit which is about 25% of the time.. and i feel lke im just spewing chips.. anyone feel that this is just a really waste of cards?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: AK in SB

To me, calling from the SB with AK is very read dependent (isn't everything?), and it depends on my opponent(s).

I have no problem folding to a TAG, but when a maniac raises my BB for the 500th time, I change my plan according to him.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: AK in SB

If I am the BB and the raiser is in Mid to late position, then I *very* often reraise pretty hard with AK.
If the raiser is in EP and is tight then I might lay down AK (especially if there are no other players).

I like to win it without a flop in the blinds, but if he calls my raise, then I can bet any flop and very likely take it down there. If that doesnt work, then I might hit my Ace or K and win it ... or I might hit my ace while he hits his set and lose lots of money.

Anyhoo - I like to reraise in that spot. Jack it up, see if he can take the heat.