Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Default your play

I've been reading 2+2 for a couple of months...this is my first post. $25 empire MTT. 210 entrants. Blinds 50,100. 40 players left. I have 6300 in BB. I've been playing somewhat agressive of late, not having shown down any hands. Button, with around 8K in chips makes it 500. He had played kinda of loose early on but had tightened up considerably. I have a,8 c in BB. Although he hadn't tried any steals lately, I(mistakenly?) raised to 1200. He calls. Flop is Kc,10h, 8d. I check. He makes it 500. I call. Turn is Ad. Your play?
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: your play

I check again. I'm not going to comment on the preflop play since you seem to know your error, but I'd almost always check this turn unless I really know my man and can set an elaborate trap by betting.

From my experience, one of two things will happen:

1) You check. He checks behind. You put in a small-ish value bet on the river and probably fold if he raises.

2) You check. He bets again. You smooth call. You put in a small-ish value bet on the river and probably fold if he raises.

Really wouldn't go nuts here with this hand. First, your two pair can easily be no good against his range. Second, he can easily get away from the hand with almost any holding that you can beat except for KTs and maybe KQ. Third, stacks are deep so you can usually pick a better spot.

In fact, now that I think about it I'm probably not even betting for value on the river unless my oponent is a loose caller.