Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 AM

Default A hand someway into the 15k guarantee

Blinds 200/400

I am on bb with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Before the break the table was rather lagish, has been somewhat conservative since
Folded to mp with 18K, raises it 3xbb, he was one of the laggiest prebreak. This raise prebreak would range qq-77 ax, and suited connectors from 8,7 upwards. prebreak he held KK once and moved all inn.
Folded to me I call my stack is 10k
I tricked him into betting rather heavily on a flopped set of mine prebreak, just checking into him.

Flopp K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check, he checks
Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet all inn wanting him to fold overs or convinsing him of pocket 9`s or that I hold a K. To bold a line?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: A hand someway into the 15k guarantee

[ QUOTE ]
I bet all inn wanting him to fold overs or convinsing him of pocket 9`s or that I hold a K. To bold a line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how a push indicates "near nut" hands?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:08 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: A hand someway into the 15k guarantee

With two Kings on the flop, it's less likely your opponent holds a King himself. You are out of position with a vulnerable holding.

There is roughly 2,800 in the pot and you have about 9K left. You both checked. I would have led on the flop for about 1,400-1,800 chips, I wouldn't want to let my opponent hit his Ace. And if my opponent does have a King, or a pair higher than my own, then I'm going to find out when he calls or raises (since there are no flush or straight draws at this point)

You both checked the turn, and then you made a huge overbet, putting your tournament at risk when you don't know where you or your opponent stands in the hand. You're only going to get called by a hand that is stronger than yours (unless the other player is REALLY bad or puts you on a bluff and calls with pocket 7's)

It's always good to leave yourself an out.