Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Wednesday bases

Although I think the pickins are relatively slim today for baseball, the bookies must be smoking crack to put Houston at +161 @ PHI (Pinny).

Backe is coming off the DL with a strained ribcage, but before that injury he was pitching reasonably well. He looked good in 8 innings for his two rehab starts at Corpus Christi. He has never pitched against Philadelphia. The Padilla Flotilla is awful against the Astros, going 0-4 with an ERA over five. The Astros are going in the right direction, winning their last two (against the Phils) and taking a lead in the Wild Card race. Philadelphia has lost four straight, and are tanking in September as usual. Looking to complete the season sweep of the Phillies (currently 5-0 in 2005), I like the Astros' chances, especially getting +161 at the same time. Not much pushing this off of a pickem IMHO.

Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Wednesday bases

Agreed!

This play stood out to me as well and I see it much more "even" than the books do. I see plenty 'o value on the Astros here today. Padilla has been improving but Phils bats in a funk. There is no way Phils this big of favorite over Stros.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:08 PM

Not crazy about Houston SP off a long layoff, when he was barely mediocre before. Astros may win, but I dislike using the word "hope" when it applies to a bet I'm making, as in "I hope Backe comes back solid."

FWIW, I like Toronto at Baltimore at +100 (Pinnacle). Downs has been pitching very well but remains obscure due to Canadian location. Maine is not a top pitcher at this point.

bc
Old 09-07-2005, 02:29 PM

Houston seems to have value at +161.

I also like the Braves -1.5 +120, w/ Hudson going against Glavine and the Mets...and also the Dodgers +106 w/ Weaver against Schmidt and the Giants.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:34 PM

thanks for the pick. gl
Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Also, the Braves-Mets over 7.5...Glavine has a poor history against Atlanta, the Braves are hot, and the Mets bullpen will have to pitch a few innings regardless. Hudson, while pitching better of late, is still overrated for the time being IMO.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 PM

playing the OVER here. on another forum i saw the phils have lost 11 straight to the stros. but the home team avoiding the sweep (+.500 records) has been money for me. good luck.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:38 PM

do you guys still see huge value knowing ensberg is out?