Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Fold QQ and two pair with compelling odds?

These hands came up last week at my local 2/5 game. I think that they're both obvious folds, but the amount of money in the pot made it compelling to call.

Delt QQ MP1. Folded to me, I pop it to 15, CO, Button, BB calls. Flop comes 692. BB bets 28, I raise to 78, CO folds, button moves all in for 250, BB folds,

I figure I'm up against a set, but calling 162 to win 416 seems like a good enough price. Button is a decent player, overvalues some hands but generally shows down good cards, fairly loose preflop though.

Anyone dislike my fold?

Second hand. 6 limpers in front and I limp on the button with JTs. Flop comes JTQ, with 2 clubs. SB leads out for 25, CO calls, I pop it to 100. SB folds and CO calls. Turn comes a K, and CO moves in for his last 117. I just felt retarded folding to a $100 bet after raising 100 on the flop. I have to think I'm beat here. CO is a terrible player, but I have to give him credit for the straight here I think.

Any comments, misplayed these any?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Fold QQ and two pair with compelling odds?

A lot of people will disagree with me but after losing so many bottom two type hands on coordinated boards this past week, I've completely stopped raising the flop. I wait for the turn to make a move. Makes it easier to see what's going on and who has what, plus easier to get away on a bunch of ugly cards. Obviously this isn't always the case. i.e if someone will stack off with AQ on a Q54 board, but you get the idea.