Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Some afternoon bases to make the workday go faster...

A couple of afternoon lines I like a lot...

Texas @ -106 vs. CWS (can be had as good as +101 at Matchbook, but I use Pinny lines). Loe pitched well in his starting debut against the Twins, going five scoreless in a Texas win. El Duque, on the other hand, has been hit hard in several of his last ten starts, and he has posted a nice 0-3 record in his last four starts. With the home field advantage, I think there's plenty of margin in this line to make the Rangers a solid play.

Colorado at +139 at San Francisco. Jeff Francis dominated the Giants last time he faced them earlier this year, going six strong and giving up just one run. Although it would appear Correia has been the victim of some tough beats recently (like taking a loss against the NYM after giving up just one run in 8 innings), he hasn't really pitched that well. His WHIP is 1.4 over his last five starts, and he walks a lot of batters. All things considered, Colorado certainly wins this matchup enough to make the play worthwhile. They've been playing pretty good ball over the last week and a half.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Some afternoon bases to make the workday go faster...

funny you say this...
im reading this and laying a bet on col (tex game already start) while at work [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
looking forward to following the box score on yahoo.

Im also on OAK and SEA again today.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:07 PM

I think the OAK and SEA plays are marginal at best, and for once the Yankees might be underpriced. LAA absolutely mauls right handed pitchers, as does OAK, although less so. Given their streaks right now, OAK is probably underpriced a tad. Felix Hernandez has looked less and less impressive in each of his last four starts, and dominating Kansas City isn't like trying to dominate the Yankees, even away from New York. I'd like to see a bit more from him before I start taking him against the Yanks. Good luck on your plays though! And go Rocks.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the OAK and SEA plays are marginal at best, and for once the Yankees might be underpriced. LAA absolutely mauls right handed pitchers, as does OAK, although less so. Given their streaks right now, OAK is probably underpriced a tad. Felix Hernandez has looked less and less impressive in each of his last four starts, and dominating Kansas City isn't like trying to dominate the Yankees, even away from New York. I'd like to see a bit more from him before I start taking him against the Yanks. Good luck on your plays though! And go Rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yanks might be underpriced? :O

Ive been laying half bets for the A's everygame, just cause im a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for the quick analysis though. Its sad to think my fade bet is no good today though [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 03:47 PM

Even if the Yanks are underpriced for one day out of 162, I think it's worth the fade bet just out of principle.