Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 12:16 AM

Default The Presidents Vacation Time

I realize that every president takes "vacations." I also realize that the president is never really on "vacation" he is merely doing his work from a place he is more at home with. But why does President Bush do it for so long? I dont think hes out riding horses and conspiring to get screw those not in the top 2%, but I wish he would stop giving people something else to complain about when they already dislike him so much.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: The Presidents Vacation Time

Being a puppet is tiring?
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But why does President Bush do it for so long? I dont think hes out riding horses and conspiring to get screw those not in the top 2%, but I wish he would stop giving people something else to complain about when they already dislike him so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
If most people understand that the president is not really on vacation, then what difference does it make how long a vacation he takes? It only matters to people with axes to grind who would gripe about something else if not his "vacation" time.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that is hilarious!! you should look into doing standup comedy.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Master

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Bush takes a vacation, it's Cheney who's resting.

Think about it.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If most people understand that the president is not really on vacation, then what difference does it make how long a vacation he takes? It only matters to people with axes to grind who would gripe about something else if not his "vacation" time

[/ QUOTE ]

So why's it news when he cuts it short for Katrina. Is it because thats what people are talking about at the moment so he wants to appear more involved. [censored] GI's dieing in Iraq and Afghanistan, Katrina is something people care about. At least for a week or two.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But why does President Bush do it for so long? I dont think hes out riding horses and conspiring to get screw those not in the top 2%, but I wish he would stop giving people something else to complain about when they already dislike him so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
If most people understand that the president is not really on vacation, then what difference does it make how long a vacation he takes? It only matters to people with axes to grind who would gripe about something else if not his "vacation" time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My new favourite definition of working holiday is: Someone else is paying for it.

Regards Mack
Old 08-31-2005, 03:06 PM

It doesn't bother me the Dems complain about it. It's what is hurting their party, and their election chances, they are the party of complaining.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM

Just one day in his vacation:

"In addition to the two-hour bike ride, Bush's Saturday schedule included an evening Little League Baseball playoff game, a lunch meeting with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a nap, some fishing and some reading. We could also point out that yesterday, while thousands starved in Darfur, Bush ate a donut. The problem isn't that Bush was napping while Cindy Sheehan protested the war that got her son killed. The problem is that he was napping during the intelligence assessments that led up to the war that got her son killed."
- Wonkette
Old 08-31-2005, 03:59 PM

I can't believe you would post something from The Daily Show, word for word might I add, thats your news source?