Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Starting online....good option for payment?

a little backround. I have been playing since just before the boom (ok i lied, only a couple of time before the boom, then i got hooked.) I read some crappy books, then i picked up TOP, then small stakes, super system (though i didnt like it much),etc. I have always had a Mac, and love it, and am planning to play on pokerrom.com, since it is the best site for macs. Unfortunatley, i do not have a credit card, and my parents will not stake me. Money is not a problem but i cannot get it in the right place. So a friend of mine suggested that he would send me x dollars online if i gave him it in cash. If i give my mailing address, will the money be mailed to me if i want to withdraw some? And is this a good idea or bad, ie. will there be problems that will leave me short x dollars? Thanks

btw, he is not a member of pokerroom. can he transfer me funds?
pps: what is the best (read free) way to get a pokertracker esque program?

sorry for the noob questions, but you were all noobs at one time too.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Starting online....good option for payment?

[ QUOTE ]
a little backround. I have been playing since just before the boom (ok i lied, only a couple of time before the boom, then i got hooked.) I read some crappy books, then i picked up TOP, then small stakes, super system (though i didnt like it much),etc. I have always had a Mac, and love it, and am planning to play on pokerrom.com, since it is the best site for macs. Unfortunatley, i do not have a credit card, and my parents will not stake me. Money is not a problem but i cannot get it in the right place. So a friend of mine suggested that he would send me x dollars online if i gave him it in cash. If i give my mailing address, will the money be mailed to me if i want to withdraw some? And is this a good idea or bad, ie. will there be problems that will leave me short x dollars? Thanks

btw, he is not a member of pokerroom. can he transfer me funds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a Neteller account. Have your friend send money directly to your checking account, then deposit from there.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 AM

Prepaid Visa.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:47 AM

Ive looked into that, and was thinking about doing it, but this seemed much simpler. can this be done, or is it reccommended to use neteller?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:47 AM

If you don't have one already, get a checking account(good for lots of reasons besides online poker). Go to neteller.com and go through the necessary steps to open an account with them. With draw from the checking account and in 5 days(5 seconds if you want to pay a 9% fee) you've got the money and you can withdraw easily.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:48 AM

This scenario sounds risky, so don't use epassporte!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 AM

I dont have any checks, ( I can get them though) and i cant get the routing number. or do i have that somewhere? nevermind i can get the number, but which one is it? ABA, direct deposit, or wire transfer? direct deposit, right?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:03 AM

Where in LA are you egocide? I noticed and responded to your post in the B&M forum. Let me know, I might be able to help you out. But as others have said, simply go to a bank and open up a checking account if you do not have one already. As long as you have proper ID and your SS #/Card, you will be golden. Then get a neteller account. No credit card required.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:59 AM

haha just out of curiosity, are you even 18? your parents won't stake you, you don't own checks, etc etc etc... doesn't sound like a college-age person or above...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha just out of curiosity, are you even 18? your parents won't stake you, you don't own checks, etc etc etc... doesn't sound like a college-age person or above...

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. He's a wannabe punk but daddy wouldn't stake him.