Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Milestone Reached...comments appreciated

Well, it's been a long month. I moved up from .25/.50 to .5/$1 on Party Poker and Skins on Aug 3rd. I started off kind of slow, I began making some money and figured in no time I'd be destroying this game for 3-4bb/100.

Unfournatley, I did not reach my goal of moving to $1/2 after 10k. I have enough bankroll, but my skill isn't there just yet as I have some fundamental issues to correct. I assume that it's a lot cheaper to do it here. It's also been said that if you can't clip $.5/1 for atleast 3bb/100 after 10k, you shouldn't go anywhere as you'll more than likely get ripped up. I'm not going to debate that, I just know I'm here for atleast another 10k and possibly more. However long it takes me to obtain my winrate and a sufficent amount of confidence.

here's my PT stats...been working on loosening up, still a way to go.

Also, figured I'd post a couple of hands and would appreciate some comments.

In this hand, I've seen the villian play very passivley. My thoughts were more on possibly making my draw.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (2.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 2.25 BB

A little worried I played this hand a little rough...
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

No helpful reads on this hand...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero?

Anyway, I'll be on .5/1 for atleast another 10k, I didn't have very much time this month. I was planning on putting in atleast 1k per day, I didn't come anywhere close to that plan either.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Milestone Reached...comments appreciated

Raise the flop in hand 2 (KTs).

Fold the turn in hand 3 (AQo). You can't really continue on the turn unless a club, T, Q, or A comes.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:06 PM

Good luck on moving up it just takes time. My take on your hands.

1) I'm not crazy about calling from a passive opponent from the BB with A2h. I know you're thinking "they're just stealing from the button" but a lot of this passives don't really think that hard about it and are usually raising a good hand. Maybe that's a little weak tight but I'd fold preflop

Hand 2
Fold preflop. K10 sucks for high card value. You can play it in later position if the pot will be multiway or if you can get in a hand with bunch of high VPIP donks that will likely be playing worse hands. But hands like K10, QJ, KJ, A10 really suck when you are playing them HU or three handed against a raiser. That being said, you need to play more agressively and raise the flop, you quite possibly have the best hand, and need to raise to push out Preflop raisers AK or AQ or whatever. Even if you are behind you can improve to your flush.

Hand 3

The turn is a clear fold absent reads. UTG+1 likely made a pair and you are drawing to very few outs.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Hmm, first of all, I don't understand what you said about moving up from .25/.50 to .50/1.00 on partypoker. Partypoker doesn't have .25/.50 tables. Or maybe you meant you moved to partypoker from another site that had .25/.50.

Anyway, I think you're playing way too tight for the partypoker .50/1.00 tables. My vp$IP there is more like 20%, and I'm winning a lot more than you are.

Looking over the three hands, looks to me like you're playing too passively as well. You might want to post your pokertracker aggression stats. Hand 2, as others have said, you clearly need to be raising this flop, calling here is terribly passive.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2
Fold preflop. K10 sucks for high card value. You can play it in later position if the pot will be multiway or if you can get in a hand with bunch of high VPIP donks that will likely be playing worse hands. But hands like K10, QJ, KJ, A10 really suck when you are playing them HU or three handed against a raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]
What? WHAT?

OP: Loosen up, tighty.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2
Fold preflop. K10 sucks for high card value.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already playing too tight for partypoker .50/1.00, you shouldn't be encouraging him to play even tighter. This was definitely a playable hand preflop.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Sorry, I really hope I'm not giving that bad of advice. I beat the 1/2 game on Party quite soundly. And my VPIP is quite high (~30). But I am folding K10s here. Please let me know why that is so wrong.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Never mind I am a big d-bag. I just got PokerAce and I've become obsessed with playing hands positionally and sometimes would fold k10s here. But checking my PT stats, my VPIP with K10s is 76%, A10o 76%, QJo 52% (though I lose money with that one). But I still don't like wading in with a lot of these hands in early position and I think that I'm much happier playing K10s, or any hand a guess, after a couple of loosy-goosy limpers with not TAGs to act after me.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Loosen up and also, per the FAQs recommended ranges, your went to showdown is low and your won at showdown is high. You may be playing too much fit or fold post flop.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And my VPIP is quite high (~30).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I beat the 1/2 game on Party quite soundly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful.

OP: Don't even think about moving up. You still need to grasp some very basic poker concepts about pre-flop and postflop play.