Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:29 AM

Default 6max comeback (LC)

OK, I've recently seriously started playing the 6max tables, and have noticed that I can comeback from initial drops in a session much easier than I ever could doing full ring.

Perhaps it was tilt, and I have better emotional control now, perhaps it's just the way the swings go in 6max.

Bonus clearing at a site that doesn't have a lot of table selection (no where to run) forced me to try to stick it out.

I mean I was down 43BB in one session and ended up even at the end. It took 400 hands and about 4.5 hours so it wasn't a quick rush of cards that yanked my ass out.
That by far was the worst one, but it seems like 30+BB drops are not unusual if you start off bad, but eventually you win some hands and can extract yourself from the hole, or close to it.

Is this normal [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: 6max comeback (LC)

less players = more playing weaker hands = more variance
Old 08-30-2005, 02:45 AM

Variance is underrated.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean I was down 43BB in one session and ended up even at the end. It took 400 hands and about 4.5 hours so it wasn't a quick rush of cards that yanked my ass out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it was.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:15 AM

When you are losing, people adjust to your play. Counter adjustments can be very profitable. A really strong table image is usually preferable, but against certain opponents a weak, losing, and especially tilting image can be much more profitable.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:37 PM

I played several tables for several hours last night. At a single table I was down 60 BBs at one point. It was juicy as all get out and there was no way I was leaving unless I felt my play was being affected by the atrocious results. I felt pretty certain that it wasn't being affected so I continued on. Fortunately there is a happy ending as when I finally left that table after the donators (to whom I had been donating early on) strated to drop, I had made it all back plus about 10 BBs. 6-max is a swingy game.