Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 10:20 PM

Default show some dicipline for a change?

10/20 NL party poker

stacks are all 2k

no reads as i'm doing important things like watching old friends reruns for the 15th night in a row and can't be bothered to study my opposition.

I'm the only limper and the blinds complete. I got a little A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] going on.

Flop (60): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 40, BB makes it 80, hero calls, SB raises to 325, BB calls. Hero????????????????????????????????????

also should i have reraised first go around?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: show some dicipline for a change?

bad poker face?

Paaaaaaaaarty poker!

am i the only one who cant stand these commercials?

in this hand do you feel the 2 or A is an out? I dont.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM

shove? The turn will be hard to play even in position unless it's an A, 2, or diamond, and the first 2 may not be clean.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 PM

I like the call the first time around. If I had some discipline I would fold the 2nd time around.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:43 PM

but the call the 2nd time around is only 245 more into what will be pot of 1050... aren't the implied odds there just on flush draw getting 3:1 for a 4:1 shot on the turn?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:08 PM

Didn't realize you closed the action. I can't read.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the call the 2nd time around is only 245 more into what will be pot of 1050... aren't the implied odds there just on flush draw getting 3:1 for a 4:1 shot on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, given that you're drawing to the nuts. If you were not, this would be a fold IMO.

Be prepared to bomb the hell out of the turn if you hit, these other guys are either going to hit a flush along with you or be drawing live.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:05 AM

people have answered the question you asked. however, i must point out that playing A2s is a loser. You are 5.4% to make a flush by the river, if people play with you. if you were playing the $25 buy in i would think this must be a beginner, but at the $2000? this is a trash hand, toss it preflop.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
people have answered the question you asked. however, i must point out that playing A2s is a loser. You are 5.4% to make a flush by the river, if people play with you. if you were playing the $25 buy in i would think this must be a beginner, but at the $2000? this is a trash hand, toss it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop play doesn't really matter in terms of "this is a bad hand" at NL. Axs is a very profitable hand from any position in many games online right now depending on your playing style assuming you don't put in too much preflop (unless it's a bluff).
Old 08-30-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are putting in 1% of your stack, often times multiway, with a hand that is over 5% to be the nuts by the river, often times with someone else making a decent second best. Not to mention you can hit two pair/trips and also take down a nice pot. And then you can also take down a pot without the best hand.