Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 11:44 AM

Default KQs, how\'s my line?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

NL $25

Hero has 24.65, SB has him covered
Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 1.50, CO folds,Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets 3, Button Folds, SB calls

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks. Hero Bets $5, SB Calls

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

SB checks, Hero goes all in for 15.15, SB calls

Final Pot:

How's the line? Comments on all streets appriciated
Old 08-28-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: KQs, how\'s my line?

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

SB checks, Hero goes all in, SB calls

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Please preview your post. We need stack sizes, blind sizes, pot sizes, and any applicable reads.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:54 AM

Thought the converter had it....was fixing it
Old 08-28-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NL $25

Hero has 24.65, SB has him covered
UTG limps, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 1.50, CO folds,Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds

SB checks, Hero bets 3, Button Folds, SB calls

SB checks, Hero goes all in for 15.15, SB calls

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: is fine. Although you have to assign SB a hand range from mid pockets up and suited broadways.
Flop: I actually really like this bet. Your hand is strong now and can be stronger later, so there is no reason to push others out.
Turn: Since SB flat called the flop &amp; called preflop, I would have to assume that he either has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q, KQ, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], or a set. I think here I'd have to check behind and be re-evaluate on the river.
River: Why? What does he call with here that you beat? Since he flat called the turn, I think AQ becomes very unlikely.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:14 PM

When i look back on it I don't like the river push. Maybe just a check behind but I figured that I was only behind to set and had all 2 pairs beat.

Though I still like my turn bet, my thought is I still have a huge redraw if I'm behind and I have TP, good kicker. Plus I still could win the pot if he folds here. Just my thought process there.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 PM

I.. think I would've bet more on the flop and turn, but this looks good. I really like the way it played out in the end. You got SB's stack. What did you put him on the river?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:25 PM

I was thinking maybe flopped 2 pair, I wasn't expecting a call on the turn 54s was my guess, so when the K hit I thought I was good.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i look back on it I don't like the river push. Maybe just a check behind but I figured that I was only behind to set and had all 2 pairs beat.

Though I still like my turn bet, my thought is I still have a huge redraw if I'm behind and I have TP, good kicker. Plus I still could win the pot if he folds here. Just my thought process there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing on the turn: the only hands that he is gonna fold here are the hands that you WANT him to call with. Because of the preflop and flop action, you can rule out SB having many of the hands that might pay you off here (weaker Queens, Jacks). You won't make AQ fold, you won't make a set fold. About the only hand that will call here that you are ahead of is the highly unlikely (due to preflop action) QTs. The rest of the time, I feel this bet is a waste.

Again, though, I am continuing to refine my thought process on bets in these situations and am open to more discussion.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking maybe flopped 2 pair, I wasn't expecting a call on the turn 54s was my guess, so when the K hit I thought I was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on 54s, then why not raise more on the turn? He would certainly pay more.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing on the turn: the only hands that he is gonna fold here are the hands that you WANT him to call with. Because of the preflop and flop action, you can rule out SB having many of the hands that might pay you off here (weaker Queens, Jacks). You won't make AQ fold, you won't make a set fold. About the only hand that will call here that you are ahead of is the highly unlikely (due to preflop action) QTs. The rest of the time, I feel this bet is a waste.

Again, though, I am continuing to refine my thought process on bets in these situations and am open to more discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still fairly new to NL, I'm a limit player so I'm still getting used to the NL thing. I have seen ppl call these types of bets with bottom pair since this is PP and ppl do things like that. In this case I still wasn't sure of a hand I could put him on, by him calling the turn bet I thought I could define it more.