Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default PokerGrader Question

checked the site. it's a really cool program/site. not sure how useful yet though but really cool

I'm just wondering if it grades 6-max games. I pasted mine in and it gave me a D. that would make sense if it's comparing my numbers to full game ones
Old 08-27-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: PokerGrader Question

Im actually tweaking the site now to have better support for 6max games. I just uploaded the new version, which helps a little bit, but I still have some things to improve.

Overall, dont go crazy with the report card if you are a 6max player; everything on the front page should still be accurate though.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:08 PM

Hi pokergrader,

Here are my stats for the last 5000 hands.

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.p...872870&p=1

What does it mean that my potential BB/100 is 7.5ish? Does that mean I am potentially a 7.5BB winner? I'm super confused but at least I didn't get a D- last time.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi pokergrader,

What does it mean that my potential BB/100 is 7.5ish? Does that mean I am potentially a 7.5BB winner? I'm super confused but at least I didn't get a D- last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks to me like you are beating the [censored] out of the game.

And yes, that is what potential profit means. But it isn't saying that overall you are a 7.5 BB/100 winner, but in this particular stretch of cards, you could have won 7.5BB/100.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi pokergrader,

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes, that is what potential profit means. But it isn't saying that overall you are a 7.5 BB/100 winner, but in this particular stretch of cards, you could have won 7.5BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is my potential profit more reliable of a gauge than my BB/100? Is potential profit pre- or post-rake? How many hands before potential profit can be more accurate?

Are you planning on setting up PG to run > 5000 hands in its processor?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM

So is potential profit always higher than actual profit?

I doubt the usefullness of the stats on this site. The other day I went on a tear and won about 160BB over 2000 hands. Yet pokergrader said that my potential profit was higher than my actual profit. It is also said my flop luck was bad and my turn and river luck was average. By the way I only had pocket aces 4 times in those 2000 hands.

I wish that my average session was like that.

Also, everytime I use it, it tells me that I bluff too much, but it still gives me an A.

I do like your site and the client is great for filtering hands and converting them for 2+2 posts, but I think interpreting the results is difficult.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi pokergrader,

[/ QUOTE ]

7+bb/100

and

Overall Luck (Not submitted to leaderboard): -10.29

You are the man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 12:23 PM

I pretty much get an A every time I use it and my luck is always rated in negative double digits. My actual profit is never even close to my potential profit. I cant imagine that Im that unlucky.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi pokergrader,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So is my potential profit more reliable of a gauge than my BB/100? Is potential profit pre- or post-rake? How many hands before potential profit can be more accurate?

Are you planning on setting up PG to run > 5000 hands in its processor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would trust long-term BB/100 over the PP/100, but in individual sessions I enjoy looking at the PP/100 to gauge exactly how well I played.

BB/100 is post-rake, whatever the rake amount of the hand is tabulated in PP/100, so it should be identical to the actual rake lost during the session. Potential Profit is accurate for any number of hands, doing what it does: Trying to calculate the average winnings over a certain sequence of hands. PokerGrader can obviously only calculate data based on the hands you submit it, and therefore while it is accurate giving you data on your current session, I cant guaranatee that will extrapolate and be accurate for all the hands you play.

As of right now 5k is going to be the max. However I'm always working on speeding up and optimizing it, and hopefully I can get things running faster and can increase that max.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is potential profit always higher than actual profit?

I doubt the usefullness of the stats on this site. The other day I went on a tear and won about 160BB over 2000 hands. Yet pokergrader said that my potential profit was higher than my actual profit. It is also said my flop luck was bad and my turn and river luck was average. By the way I only had pocket aces 4 times in those 2000 hands.

I wish that my average session was like that.

Also, everytime I use it, it tells me that I bluff too much, but it still gives me an A.

I do like your site and the client is great for filtering hands and converting them for 2+2 posts, but I think interpreting the results is difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not always higher, but it normally is for good players. This is because PG determines "average" value of a hand by finding its rank against random hands (adjusted for likely play, but still random), and a good player should always be making the correct moves to beat this player, and thus get positive value for each and every move.

Also, the luck calculations are still very accurate, and I have previously explained why they are skewed slightly negative. I am going to fix that in the overall luck soon, as well as add in a new luck factor for pre-flop cards.