Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 11:49 PM

Default How the other half live (no question)

I'm waiting to hear about a new job offer and I'm restless. So I do the worst possible thing I can do: I fire up a table on UB. Immediately on my first hand, I stack myself off on a dumbass bluff. I reload and take another hit that goes to showdown. And at this point, I usually get up or tilt, but because of this forum, I realize that I've got a golden opportunity. I actually settle down and reset my strategy. To make a long story short, I was able to parlay my shattered table image into a very good run in a relatively short amount of time. People fell over themselves to get all-in against me with the thinnest of holdings. It was surprising because I almost never play this way, and I'm not used to having a LAG, or in this case, maniac, image.

So I have no real question here. But there's been some speculation recently about the value of discussing LAG and LAG defense to the extent that we have been on this forum. I for sure know that if I had not been reading this forum, I would have never seen the opportunity that I had. And now that I've experienced it, I can see how I can work elements of it into my game at will based on what I've read here.

Anyway, FWIW, I wanted to share this with the forum.

Thanks,

Marlow