Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM

Default PP $20+2 hand

Party $20+2 tourney
Blinds are 300-600
Pays top 100; 125-130 left
Button, SB, and BB are left to act

Hero 4400
Villian 3600
The 3 left to act all have about 5000-6500

I've been playing with villian for almost the entire tournament so far. He has played around 10 hands. But when I say "played" it was all in each time. Only showed 2 of them for A10 suited and 99.

Villian is EP and moves all in (again)
I'm in LP with black JJ's

what do I do???
Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: PP $20+2 hand

Jacks are a favorite to the range of hands that most 6x big blind short stacks are pushing with. Against a range of any pair and AKs-A7o you are a 2:1 favorite, and i think that is a tight range for such a short stack.

Put your chips in and hope for the best, you need to double up soon to have any chance of having a playable stack. Sometimes Villian shows you Kings, but that doesn't make it a bad push.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 PM

Hi,
I'm not much of a tourney player, but i have been reading and studying both HOH volumes. I think that this is an easy push. Villain is short enough that an average raise (1800) is half his stack. He can be pushing with a lot of hands that you can beat, and youre only behind the three big pairs. You are also rather short considering the size of the blinds. (each orbit is 1/5 of your stack) I push here quickly. You need to build some chips if you want to do well in this tourney and you have the opportunity to basically double up (including the blinds) with a big hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm in LP with black JJ's

what do I do???

[/ QUOTE ]
Instapush.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Results

I call, overlooking the 3 callers behind me

Button pushes AcKc
SB and BB fold
Villian turns over QQ

I'm dominated on a K high flop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 PM

I watched a person employ this strategy in the "Steps" tourneys. Only play was to push all-in.....never called a bet, raised, and only limped 1x (but pushed post flop with AA). ho can this be considered poker. None the less it must have worked for her because she was at the final level on multiple tables.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I watched a person employ this strategy in the "Steps" tourneys. Only play was to push all-in.....never called a bet, raised, and only limped 1x (but pushed post flop with AA). ho can this be considered poker. None the less it must have worked for her because she was at the final level on multiple tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Sklansky in one of his books outline a system for NLHE that players with almost no knowledge of the game could learn? It involved basically this strategy - determining what hands were worth the gamble and then going all-in with them. The AA play could be an adjustment - but if it is, you know that every time she limps, she has a monster...
Old 08-24-2005, 07:20 PM

Yep your right The tournament for advanced
Old 08-25-2005, 09:20 AM

I still see it as not having confidence in your game and afraid of being outplayed. When you go all in pre flop you can only be outdrawn, thus not having to worry about your lack of skills. and it annoyed the living crap out of me... especially at the 10/15 level of blinds, where it was clear he wasn't trying to pick up the blinds.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't Sklansky in one of his books outline a system for NLHE that players with almost no knowledge of the game could learn? It involved basically this strategy - determining what hands were worth the gamble and then going all-in with them. The AA play could be an adjustment - but if it is, you know that every time she limps, she has a monster...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, "The System" ... I believe it was Tiffany Williamson's strategy at the WSOP ME this year and she finished something like 15th.

Her adjustment was to wait 15 minutes before pushing in.