Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 05:54 AM

Default Slender is the Finger

HJ in this hand is a solid tight aggressive player, who is a little too passive preflop. CO is loose and semi-aggressive. For numbers people he is a 47/16/1.1 guy. The table is playing really loose.

6 handed game, hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3 limpers, hero limps, 6 see the flop of 6sb

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, 2 calls, CO raises, hero coldcalls and all call. 5 to the turn of 7.5bb

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to raiser who bets, hero and CO call. 3 to the river of 10.5bb

River K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] CO bets.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Slender is the Finger

Interesting hand. I'm gonna be the wuss and say to just call, but I'd feel pretty good about it (I mean, we win over 50% of the time here). If we raise, then I'm not sure that CO will fold a better hand than ours, and he's likely to fold a worse one. Also, it's tough to say what HJ is on. What does a solid tight agresive player limp with here? Could be be a lot of suited connecters that make one pair, maybe J9, or a set of 22's? I don't think you gain any money here by raising when you're ahead and there's a reasonable chance you're behind, so call.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:04 PM

A raise on the river here would be for value. As for HJ, I feel that he was almost certainly on a draw given his passive action throughout the hand, so I don't think I can get an overcall from him at all.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 PM

Anyone?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM

I would have given serious though to 3 betting the flop, and it plays out a little differently after that. as it is I just call, no one is folding a better hand behind you, but you have serious kicker problems here so raising sucks.

in fact folding might be best.

EDIT: actually you action is confusing. did CO bet the turn? if so easy river call. if he woke up it's tougher.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 PM

Yeah I messed the hand up, CO bet all along. HJ just called all along. I am really curious if anyone sees value in a river raise here.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I messed the hand up, CO bet all along. HJ just called all along. I am really curious if anyone sees value in a river raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i still don't get it

and wtf is with the slender finger thing it is really freakin me out tales of the crypt style