Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Fastest you\'ve ever bled money? (NC)

I dropped 40BB at a table today in about 40 minutes, and at a table with a VPIP of 55% no less. While it was nasty as hell, I'm sure this is not any kind of record. I'd like to hear someone's story of the fastest their money has dropped at limit.

(or, if another thread has covered this, point me to it!)

And, while I was gushing money everywhere, a ridiculous player with a vpip of 85% went up 100BB in only a slightly longer period of time. What's the most you've seen an idiot make by playing any 2 cards?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Fastest you\'ve ever bled money? (NC)

I've lost 12BB in under 90 seconds a few times, usually against maniacs, but it always sucks. Luckily Bozlax's always there for a hug and a... well, you know where this is going.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:06 PM

Probably ~50 BB in under an hour.

The other day I was playing two 1/2 tables, and one 2/4 table, and lost about $140 in less than two hours. In the next hour I got back to even. That was fun!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM

In 120 hands yesterday I gave away 40BB's somehow.

Some noteables: AA boat to quads, A-high flush vs. straight flush. Mind these were both within the same couple minutes. The later made me really go into a fit of laughter, I'm not sure if it's because of the ludicrousness of it or if that's how I respond when I go on tilt!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Some noteables: AA boat to quads, A-high flush vs. straight flush. Mind these were both within the same couple minutes. The later made me really go into a fit of laughter, I'm not sure if it's because of the ludicrousness of it or if that's how I respond when I go on tilt!

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that too. When I've been having insanely bad luck, I start laughing out loud when my set of aces or full house manages to lose. I think my reaction is, "Good one, God, you got me again!"
Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 PM

I feel your pain Chris. I played with the same guy twice this weekend and it was unhappy both times. It seems that he has tightened up considerably though, the bastard was playing 95% of his hands preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
And, while I was gushing money everywhere, a ridiculous player with a vpip of 85% went up 100BB in only a slightly longer period of time. What's the most you've seen an idiot make by playing any 2 cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to start playing week days so that he will be in school when I play.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:45 PM

I once lost around 50BB in an hour. Last week I lost $12 in 3 hands at .50/1.00--two hands against the same maniac with a one hand rest in between. He cracked my AA with 72. Two hands later, I had AQ and got a Queen-high flop. He beat me with 82. Both times, he got one 2 on the flop and another on the turn.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that too. When I've been having insanely bad luck, I start laughing out loud when my set of aces or full house manages to lose. I think my reaction is, "Good one, God, you got me again!"

[/ QUOTE ]
That's frighteningly close to how I react to a bad beat. I have been known to look skyward, shake a fist, and shout "you're pushin me, baby!" (not joking)
Old 08-22-2005, 01:28 AM

June was terrible for me. The representative slice of the month was a -13BB four-hand session. Yup, four, ending thusly:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (24.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Qs Qh (two pair, queens and nines).
Hero has Kc Ks (two pair, kings and nines).
MP3 has 9h 8c (full house, nines full of eights).
Outcome: MP3 wins 27.75 BB. </font>
Old 08-22-2005, 02:17 AM

Fastest Losses

Any amount of time: -3BB in 1 minute

For any substantial amount of time: -34BB in 27 minutes. 1/2 6Max

For at least 40 minutes: -25BB in 43 minutes 1/2 Full