Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 AM

Default I was going to fold until I kinda improved on the turn

This is my first orbit so yay readless poker. The BB in this hand just beat my AA with 8Ts, that he coldcalled 2 with after limping UTG, if that helps you get a read on him. He also got retardedly passive when he made his hand. No read on the CO.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: I am the SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, I call, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, I call, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
I check, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, I call, BB calls.

Turn: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I check?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: I was going to fold until I kinda improved on the turn

Gimme a donk-d-d-donk-d-donk-d-donk.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:08 AM

Hmmm, firstly I'm looking at Preflop. Clearly your odds for the set are destroyed even on your initial call, this is unless your figuring you have huge implied odds from the two raisers? I like the flop, my only query being... If theres is this many willing to pay 4 bets for 3 cards, don't you think at least one has a Q? When you get three bet, I really think it narrows the range to only hands that beat you i.e a Q or KK AA, but the Preflop action indicates that CO is not holding this. When the 3rd Q hits the turn, I'm definately with you on the turn, and if you do decide to call I'm still checking the river. I'm just very coinvinced one has a Q or a higher PP.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
In other news. No I haven't retired from Poker, I just don't play online.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:10 AM

I dont think you improved on the turn. I don't see any hands he's 3betting the flop with that you've pulled ahead of now.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you improved on the turn. I don't see any hands he's 3betting the flop with that you've pulled ahead of now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this hand should/could play like a Clarkmeister in full house form. If leading is correct we can call it Shantster's Theorem, but I'm taking a 10% cut off the top.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:13 AM

Ugghhh...

Um...

Well, let's start with the fact that you're getting like 8-1 on a call down here. Your set outs are now useless so you are now holding the hand you will showdown.

So, are you going to win 13% of the time. Some small portion of the time you are ahead you'll be sucked out on, so you really need to figure you're ahead now like 15-20% of the time.

That's all I know. I would think the options are to check-call down or to bet-fold the turn, though I bet you'll get raised on the turn by AK often enough here that it's no that great a line. I think folding here might be totally fine.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, thats why I said "kinda" improved. So this turn is a check-fold?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this hand should/could play like a Clarkmeister in full house form. If leading is correct we can call it Shantster's Theorem, but I'm taking a 10% cut off the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Clarkmeister apply on the turn vs two opponents?

The only hand BB could have that you beat is prolly AK. He prolly won't fold to a turn bet either. I see him having a PP that beats you, and one he won't fold, however he's scared of all the Q's on board.

The CO can't have much. Unfortunately no read, so a 2, Q, or PP is most likely. However, it's pretty tough to have a 2 seeing how he called preflop.

I think most likely your behind. I don't know the right play, but I think your opponents are going to showdown unless the BB has AKo.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, firstly I'm looking at Preflop. Clearly your odds for the set are destroyed even on your initial call, this is unless your figuring you have huge implied odds from the two raisers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else have a problem with the preflop action?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's all I know. I would think the options are to check-call down or to bet-fold the turn, though I bet you'll get raised on the turn by AK often enough here that it's no that great a line. I think folding here might be totally fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like the b/f line, since an opponent could also raise you with a worse PP or a 2, and check behind on the river. I think I like c/f or c/c barring xtra action.