Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Over/Under for total yardage?

I am looking to bet on the total number of rushing hards Curtis Martin will have this year. Does anyone know of a site that offers bets like this?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Over/Under for total yardage?

Take the under.

(and no)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:51 PM

Yeah im all about the under, I dont even know what a reasonable line for this would be but he is going to have a huge let down. I am forseeing one of those well he lost it all in one off season years...like Marshall Faulk
Old 08-22-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the under.

(and no)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, who needs lines anymore. How can he bet the under if we don't even know what the under is???

craig
Old 08-22-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take the under.

(and no)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, who needs lines anymore. How can he bet the under if we don't even know what the under is???

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need lines. Give me games, I'll tell you who I take, then you tell me the line.

However, I don't know the line, but it's probably too high. 100yr old rushing champ coming back to an offense that may not mind passing so much.

I just think the public will go over on a lot of lines, pushing it higher than it should be. I think people really forget he's so old.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take the under.

(and no)

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need lines. Give me games, I'll tell you who I take, then you tell me the line.

However, I don't know the line, but it's probably too high. 100yr old rushing champ coming back to an offense that may not mind passing so much.

I just think the public will go over on a lot of lines, pushing it higher than it should be. I think people really forget he's so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so I can get this straight. I will give you the matchup, you will tell me who will cover, then I give you the line? Can we do this all season? Going to jail for bookmaking doesn't worry me, so I am def. down for this.

craig
Old 08-22-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to jail for bookmaking doesn't worry me, so I am def. down for this.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha but I agree with him that no matter what the line is for rushing yards for Curtis Martin to take the under because the line will be higher due to his season last year and I just think he is due for a let down. But for him to say he will pick the game and then you give him the line is ridiculous.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just so I can get this straight. I will give you the matchup, you will tell me who will cover, then I give you the line? Can we do this all season? Going to jail for bookmaking doesn't worry me, so I am def. down for this.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, this was a joke. I should have put a 'crazy face' next to it.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:14 AM

i think your really underestimating the books here, EVERYONE knows hes old (my mother over heard my buddy picking him in our fantasy league this year and said "hes still playing?") books dont stay in business by putting lines out that can be beat by looking up a guys birthday......

I'm off to bet wyoming now as everyone also seems to foget they went to a bowl last year........

ken
Old 08-23-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your really underestimating the books here, EVERYONE knows hes old (my mother over heard my buddy picking him in our fantasy league this year and said "hes still playing?") books dont stay in business by putting lines out that can be beat by looking up a guys birthday......

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid people betting the wrong side will move the line so it can be beat though