Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Ugly 73s hand

SB is a TAG, other two aren't horrible, but they are bad... both bought in for like $408 dollars or something ridiculous. No one is overly loose preflop though, don't let the family pot fool you.

Prima Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls (?), UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks (!!), Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font> [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], Hero calls, CO calls.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Ugly 73s hand

I don't know the limit you're playing at all, but I'll try to get this started.

SB's check/3-bet is a worry, I think, since there's a good chance it means either a big made hand or a big draw. It's not a tragedy for you if he just has 44, but that hand would cut into your equity. And you really don't want to be up against another flush draw here.

But I'd be staying in (well, unless I started thinking of it as $60 to me instead of 3 SBs and decided just to fold leave the table). I'd be hoping for JTs or something like K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AJs.

I think SB turn check-call is really troubling. I hope it's just an overs/straight-draw type hand now, but I'm worried. Still, I'm calling again.

SB's river bet is no big surprise. I guess I call and pray, but I'm really expecting to lose here.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:35 PM

is a fold to the 3 cold on the flop ok? we dont have the nut flush- or close to it. SB might be playing the set game, which means we could make our flush and still lose. and no doubt we'd have to call a turn bet (although weird, we didn't).

actually, after doing the math, we're getting like 5:1 on the flop, so I guess we have to make that call, dont we? weird...before doing the calcs i would have folded in a second.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:04 PM

I considered folding the flop and the river (the river I was real close to doing it), but don't know if I can fold either
Old 08-21-2005, 08:34 PM

Well played. I'm not folding here just about ever. You are going to make 2pair hands and sets pay a lot here &amp; you have the odds. I think you will infrequently see another flush.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Is it really bad that I fold here having it come 3cold back to me? At that point I'm really scared that I'm up against at least one hand that is a pair/flush draw or a flushdraw/straight draw, more likely a set... something that will crack me even if I hit, which I never do anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played. I'm not folding here just about ever. You are going to make 2pair hands and sets pay a lot here &amp; you have the odds. I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw the board paired on the river too, right? I think I'm calling here, but I hate doing it.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone agrees for the most part so far, I guess I did indeed play it fine, but I have to disagree that I'll see another flush infrequently. The SB is a TAG, he knows what he's doing, and I don't see what his line represents other than a flush.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:41 PM

i don't think you can get away from it either. i agree with your assessment of SB if he is as solid as you say.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you will infrequently see another flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since everyone agrees for the most part so far, I guess I did indeed play it fine, but I have to disagree that I'll see another flush infrequently. The SB is a TAG, he knows what he's doing, and I don't see what his line represents other than a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think he has a flush.