Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM

Default A7s in a loose game.

2/5 NL, late at night and a lot of money on the table though the stacks in question are not huge (some lamer left at about 1:30am with about 2500 off the table, [censored]).

UTG limps, I limp UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 others limp behind me and the button redcaps it. SB, BB and everyone who called before of course calls now. Anyone want to come to the ATL? I'll require a 10% fee to show you the games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players, pot: 65)
Checked to the button who bets 15. The SB (865), who is a solid player raises to 90. UTG (440) calls, I (who cover them both) call. Everyone else folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players, pot: 350)
SB checks, UTG bets 200, I raise to 400, SB thinks for a while and moves in for 675 (275 on top), UTG calls with is last 150 and I call.

Thoughts?

- Jim
Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: A7s in a loose game.

I've never heard the term redcapping? What is this? Minraising?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM

It's minraising in a 2/5 or 5/5 game. Red chips, one red chip on top, red-cap. Most often done in the BB in the games I've played around ATL.

- Jim
Old 08-22-2005, 02:43 PM

Nice hand. You played for the flush and got there. It would truly suck to see one of these guys turn over a made boat, but you definitely can't fold a $1,775 pot to a $275 bet.

GL
Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Is the flop routine? I probably made a mistake posting the entire hand to closing of the action. The flop was my real question and I should have said so. How do you feel about drawing to a flush with a paired board and facing a big raise?

- Jim
Old 08-22-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you feel about drawing to a flush with a paired board and facing a big raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

in general it's a bad idea but in this case it is very unlikely anyone is full yet. you are getting almost 3:1 on a call however it's likely UTG has 2 of your outs.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-22-2005, 03:16 PM

do you like to make a big raise when you flop a boat and a the board is two-toned? I'd be more worried about UTG sandbagging. In any case, the money is way to good to be folding.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:09 PM

actually i notice there was a raise preflop so UTG has QQ just about zero percent of hte time. You're good on the turn.

Hope SB didn't have 65o.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:42 PM

I fold on flop, I'm not a big fan of drawing on a paired board like that, cause even if you hit you're probably vs. a lot of redraw out.