Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Help!

I guess I am totally lost here, and im pissed off as well. I have been on the winning side of NL for about 2 years. I started playing limit about 2 months ago, I love it. I started at the 25/50 tables while reading books and posts on this site. After about 15,000 hands of TAG play at 2.5bb/100, I decided to move to the .5/1 tables.
I am losing my ass. I don't know what it is! The river card is beating be 50% of the time, far to much in my estimation, so mabye its all just bad luck.
But this is what I don't get. When I go to the summary tab on PT and sort on $ won, only 2 of the people have a VPIP under 27%. there are 32 people in this list (after I filter to people with over 250 hands ).
ALL of the money bags, eagles, and smiley faces are in the red! ( along with me, Im an eagle ). The two in the green I talked about a second ago are TPP.

WTF! Only the fish and lags can make money?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Help!

Ive been playing .5-1 for about 2 years now (yea im long over due for a move up, but i suck...) with a VPIP of only 11% and have been able to turn a profit. So i doubt that tight play is whats the problem. Its probably just bad luck on your part.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:03 AM

You REALLY need to play more hands dude.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You REALLY need to play more hands dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think so? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been playing .5-1 for about 2 years now (yea im long over due for a move up, but i suck...) with a VPIP of only 11% and have been able to turn a profit. So i doubt that tight play is whats the problem. Its probably just bad luck on your part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you playing so few hands?
Old 08-21-2005, 04:37 AM

What I find when I look at my pokertracker data, at the summary of players sorted by VP$IP, is that there is a big patch of green (indicating winning players) in the 15%-25% range.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:52 AM

Mabye I just play at the wrong site.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 AM

online poker is rigged
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you playing so few hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a topic that ive been wanted to post for review for about 6 months or so now.

At the time, I wanted to gather enough played hands in PT to get some meaningful numbers for the positional VPIP (since i think this is a main issue for me) to post for review. I managed to get about 20k hands when my database some how got corrupted and i had to start new one. Once again i gathered about 25k hands, when my computer crapped out and i had to build a new one (about 3 months ago), therefore losing my database again.

Since then i havent played much poker due to working full time over the summer, as well as just a lack of interest in poker [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]. Ive managed to log about 6.5k hands from just depositing to clear the party bonus over the last 3 months. Recently, a few of my friends started playing at party, and now my interest in poker has been revived. Im planning to log more hands then finally make the post and hopefully be able to learn from it so i can finally move up from .5-1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2005, 05:55 AM

dude, you arent phil ivey- therefore u have infinite opportunities to read and practise your game, id advise you to spend your time doing that. Its amazing, the better ive become the less i seem to get rivered.