Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:22 AM

Default simple concept regarding aggressive PF table

a lot of these Party 3/6 6max tables have very aggressive players with 20+ PFR numbers, but who are fairly passive or mildly aggressive postflop. they like to use the "raise any" autobuttons, so that auto 3bet doesn't always mean a 3bet, even though it is a 3bet. knowwhatimean? some players will only enter the pot with a raise, even from early position, with terrible cards. when you're in late position or in the SB with hands that you'd open raise with or limp if there are limpers behind you (hands like QJ, KT, KJ, 66, etc), is the correct line to cold-call, as if they were limping too, or to 3bet? i know it depends on the game conditions, so let's say for argument's sake that all of the 5 other players are behaving like this. i hate cold-calling, but strangely it feels correct in situations like this. please direct me to a thread that's about this, as i'm sure this has been talked about before.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: simple concept regarding aggressive PF table

If you can isolate them with their bad cards, 3bet! You increase the expectation with your superior starting hands.

If the other players coldcall anything (so you cant isolate him), 3betting is not that strong so you can coldcall with the weaker hands that should be profitable in this situation but still 3bet the strong ones.