Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 PM

Default bettin turn after gettin raised on flop bet

sorry cant remember reads on these people but lets say im against a loose slightly aggressive here. I raised flop because diddnt think a cr would work here then i bet turn because i gained important outs with gutshot. Hasd similar scenarion lst night but didtn have a made hand so what are thoughts about this turn lead after getting raised on flop

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: bettin turn after gettin raised on flop bet

I'm not really liking this unless you think Button will fold. After the flop action, I would think I am drawing against a made hand.

Why didn't you think a C/R would work against a loose slightly aggressive player who raised preflop?

I feel I'm fairly loose, but I would fold that preflop. I keep suited connectors with no reads to the hijack thru SB.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:15 PM

i feel like im best player at this table and can outplay post here. otherwise i agree this is out of position a bit.

my turn improved my second best hand here so i figured bet to build pot, kick people out and improve ect. if i got raised didnt think it a bad thing here because of my strong redraws which i was very sure would hold up. with that in mind does it change your opinion of the turn bet or not?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 PM

grunch

Not a fan of the turn. He's not folding after raising the flop, he'll probably bet at it anyway, and you really don't want a raise here. The only value bet you're getting on the turn is with 2 callers.

Edit: I'm also folding this PF. Being able to outplay your opponents won't compensate for this hand's weakness.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 PM

You pick up an a$$load of outs on the turn. Not just the gutshot but more importantly the flush. So now cards that make you a very likely winner are 2 eights, 4 tens and 8 clubs. Any of the three remaining 9s might help also, but put 4 to a str8 on the board. I don't think we need to discount much here so your looking at about 12-13 outs minimum, maybe as many as 17 and there is some small chance that your already ahead. If the aggrssor so far in this hand was on my right and checked I'd like the bet. As this hand played out you raising ahead of the aggressor and risking a raise that could knock out the BB. I'd be tempted to try and c/r this turn instead that we can trap BB and I don't think we are losing anything here if it checks through since we probably have the strongest draw in this hand.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my turn improved my second best hand here so i figured bet to build pot, kick people out and improve ect. if i got raised didnt think it a bad thing here because of my strong redraws which i was very sure would hold up. with that in mind does it change your opinion of the turn bet or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 10:25 PM

Wsop you make a good point. didnt think about gettin raised takin people out in case i made a stronger draw. However felt pot was a good size already so doesnt good poker tell us to improve our chances with a second best hand and not havin nut draws all the way around or do you think the amount of outs compensates for this.

Also i forgot to mention that table has routinly had 5 or more pre flop. yet anothere reason why i took a stab at this one from this postion. it is not a normal play of mine only specific to this table
Old 08-18-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you think a C/R would work against a loose slightly aggressive player who raised preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here? Why would you want to c/r the flop with middle pair and the preflop raiser to your immediatte left? Your just going to trap the field in this situation. Doesn't seem to me like your in a good position to c/r this flop. In fact I think if your going to raise/bet at all leading out and hoping that he raises is your best option.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here? Why would you want to c/r the flop with middle pair and the preflop raiser to your immediatte left? Your just going to trap the field in this situation. Doesn't seem to me like your in a good position to c/r this flop. In fact I think if your going to raise/bet at all leading out and hoping that he raises is your best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to say c/r was the right play, I just wanted to know why he thought he wouldn't be able to pull it off. Take the same flop and he flops bottom set. I think a check raise would be real nice.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to say c/r was the right play, I just wanted to know why he thought he wouldn't be able to pull it off. Take the same flop and he flops bottom set. I think a check raise would be real nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, just making sure that I'm not missing anything. And I completely agree. A c/r would be great here with a strong hand like bottom set.