Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM

Default monster draw, donkish bet

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

read on the villain was pretty bad. thinking but pretty bad plater imo. wondering if river c/r would work. mainly because AA-TT, AK would not call a bet here anyway, but would they bet?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: monster draw, donkish bet

I think you played it for the max.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM

Bad players get scared of possible flushes, don't value bet enough, and call rivers with any piece.
Unless you have a strong read that he will bet I think the donk is fine.

The preflop call seems a bit thin to me. Is BB pretty loose?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:03 PM

I'd rather c/r this flop than bet/3bet. Even though you have some decent equity, I think the bet/3bet line ties UTG to the pot so that he's going to showdown fairly often. A flop c/r, turn bet line has the best chance of getting him to fold while he still has some solid equity with missed overcards.

The way you played it, I'd c/r the river. If UTG is bluffing with his turn raise, he'll likely fire another round on the river. If he hit his K, then it's an easy value bet for him. You wont see too many bad players use a turn raise for free showdown line, so it's pretty likely he's betting the river.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 PM

The scariest card possible cam on the river. A donkbet here is mandatory as he will check behind a very high % of the time. Also I would make a note that he folds to river donks when draws get there. Might be useful in another big pot in the future.