Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Default 2 tables --- boooooooring!

Anyone else play worse when they're 2 tabling than when they're 4-tabling? I recently moved up from the 50NL at PP to the 100NL. At first, I decided to drop to 2 tables and figure out how the game went, and lost some money for a few weeks.

I thought about my losses and saw that I was trying to make a lot of moves when only playing 2 tables, whereas I was much more disciplined when 4-tabling (at 50NL this was also true). So, despite losing money, I added tables!! Not only was my winrate higher, my winrate per table was also increased substantially.

Anybody else just get too damn bored with only 2 tables open??
Old 08-18-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: 2 tables --- boooooooring!

while at work i have a party NL$25 table running in the background, at night, i 4 table NL$50

I have a better PTBB/100 4 tabling the $50
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Absolutely agree, and it is the thing that has kept me away from B&M's. I normally 4 table just moving up to NL100, but the other day I was bored but at the same time not awake enough to play normally so I sat at 1 NL200 table. Made $150 in like 5 minutes with some really good hands, but left about 30 minutes later just about even again, because I was playing junk. I just get too impatient and start trying to make moves on every other hand.... how do you guys sit in B&M's and not play rags?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM

It must really suck to have no self-discipline whatsoever.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 PM

This post is timely. I play recreationally (but profitably) and have always played one 6-Max table. I reviewing my play recently, I realized that bluffing/making moves at the 50NL and 100NL level was a HUGE leak in my game. I committed not to run a single bluff (continuation bets don't count) for two weeks (6 or 7 two hour sessions) to see what happened. Result: Win rate shot up. I know the sample size is miniscule, but the lesson is that bluffing at SSNL is almost never a good idea.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It must really suck to have no self-discipline whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, its good. This way, we play more tables and win more money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 12:52 PM

I say that to myself everytime I think about it... it must be the GAMBOOL in me.
If you ever see the really impatient guy at Foxwoods Ghaz, that is me....
Old 08-18-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the lesson is that bluffing at SSNL is almost never a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and this is another reason I'm considering moving up to 200NL. To me, at that level it is more "thinking" poker, and my discipline could remain intact with only 2 tables. Kind of getting worn out on the machine like tendencies that are generally required of 100NL and less.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say that to myself everytime I think about it... it must be the GAMBOOL in me.
If you ever see the really impatient guy at Foxwoods Ghaz, that is me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... that's 95% of the people in the Foxwoods NL games. You're going to have to be more specific.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM

I know what you're talking about. I used to play better at 4 tables. When I first moved up to $25NL, I was 2 tabling to adjust. Once I started 4 tabling, I was much more successful. I used to get bored and try to make moves that go right over SS players' heads. I still need to work on only playing 1 table. Last week I played a home game and after not playing a hand for about 45 minutes, I was so excited to see AA that I extremely overplayed it and lost my stack.