Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 02:37 AM

Default OOT heed my call

I'm going off to college in a few weeks and could use some new clothes (pants, shirts, lace panties, shoes). So please help me pick some out. Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be nice and other links or images are much appreciated.

Gracias y vaya con dios mis amigos.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: OOT heed my call

Great avatar.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be a great way to pigeonhole myself as a computer geek, other links or images are much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I don't think the t-shirts with funny [censored] on them are going to get you any of the attention you want. In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches. The thought of those people bumping uglies makes me feel queasy to this day.

Want to look good and have fun? Get a few nice shirts with buttons or collars that make you feel confident, one pair of jeans slightly nicer than what you usually wear (get some girl to pick them out if you can) and some board shorts and flip-flops for the shower. Thank me later.

NT
Old 08-17-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be a great way to pigeonhole myself as a computer geek, other links or images are much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I don't think the t-shirts with funny [censored] on them are going to get you any of the attention you want. In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches. The thought of those people bumping uglies makes me feel queasy to this day.

Want to look good and have fun? Get a few nice shirts with buttons or collars that make you feel confident, one pair of jeans slightly nicer than what you usually wear (get some girl to pick them out if you can) and some board shorts and flip-flops for the shower. Thank me later.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I bought a [censored]-ton of shirts from Threadless and Busted Tees, and I think some of them are great ice-breakers. It's fun going to a top of the line liberal arts school (Amherst) and wear a shirt that says "My other shirt has its collar up" on it. The chicks that dig the shirt are the chicks I will totally dig. It's easier to open up when you have something to talk about on your shirt.

That said, while I have a [censored] ton of tees, I also have very nice button down shirts for going out and very nice jeans (DKNY and Gap). I just hate the fratastic look for going out, so I chose metro.

Also, since you want links and picture or something, I bought some very nice shoes at Aldo this week that I think are awesome.

Blue shoe

Black Shoe

They both go well with jeans, but look much nicer than your avg. sneaker. The only problem might be that they are leather. I also have a pair of Roos and a pair of normal sneakers to use for other stuff but they also look nice enough to go out in.

But yeah, I wear t-shirts during the day, and if I go out I wear a button down with rolled up sleeves or a polo.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I bought a [censored]-ton of shirts from Threadless and Busted Tees, and I think some of them are great ice-breakers. It's fun going to a top of the line liberal arts school (Amherst) and wear a shirt that says "My other shirt has its collar up" on it. The chicks that dig the shirt are the chicks I will totally dig. It's easier to open up when you have something to talk about on your shirt.

That said, while I have a [censored] ton of tees, I also have very nice button down shirts for going out and very nice jeans (DKNY and Gap). I just hate the fratastic look for going out, so I chose metro.

Also, since you want links and picture or something, I bought some very nice shoes at Aldo this week that I think are awesome.

Blue shoe

Black Shoe

They both go well with jeans, but look much nicer than your avg. sneaker. The only problem might be that they are leather. I also have a pair of Roos and a pair of normal sneakers to use for other stuff but they also look nice enough to go out in.

But yeah, I wear t-shirts during the day, and if I go out I wear a button down with rolled up sleeves or a polo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. I'm not even sure where to start on this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 03:59 AM

"YOU LIKE THE CACK!" would be a good place.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds hot. Where do I sign up?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:09 AM

My opinion...I like Banana Republic and Express Men, I think you are a guy.... im too drunk too tell but those are my favorite stores. Also At the mall or online you can find stuff by Ben Sherman, google him if nothing else, its nice and if you make enough playing poker its all no big deal so I'm all about spending money on clothes to make me happy.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds hot. Where do I sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what the hell's the problem with that?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My opinion...I like Banana Republic and Express Men, I think you are a guy.... im too drunk too tell but those are my favorite stores. Also At the mall or online you can find stuff by Ben Sherman, google him if nothing else, its nice and if you make enough playing poker its all no big deal so I'm all about spending money on clothes to make me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like BR and Express are both kind of plain. Keep in mind this is from a guy whose embroidered shirt count is now 3. I did see a nice shirt at BR over the weekend though, but I wasn't dropping $80 on it.