Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Two Pair facing 2 bets

Check raised by SB on coordinated flop

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Two Pair facing 2 bets

Call and see what the turn brings.

EDIT: Actually, a fold wouldn't be so bad either...vs. a check/3bet.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:00 PM

For me this is a pretty easy fold. You are facing two people, one most likely has the flush and the other could have flush draw or str8/str8 draw. Either way, you are way behind and against two opponents.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:06 PM

I agree, folding is best, the 3-bet at the turn almost assures you that you are beaten right now, and the only way to get back in this hand is by redrawung to a full house. If you have already committed some money to the pot, it is okay to call, but with 3 diamonds, it would be tough to call, someone most likely has at least one diamond, and it is most likely that the person who re-raised has a flush made already, your implied odds are great if you pick up a full house, but there are only 4 cards to make it. And if you miss it on the turn, I doubt you'll get a cheap river with this bidding war going on. FOLD!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 PM

I dont think that anyone was raising this flop with something like top pair.

I think its more likely that button and SB have something like an overpair, a set, flush or straight draws. One of them may even have a combination of the above, such as a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

You are being offered about 4.5:1 to call and there is a good chance that you would need to hit one of your 4 outs to a full-house to win this hand. Its also likely that at least one more bet will be put in on the turn.

So I think that I would be inclined to fold this 2 pair to the double raise on the flop.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 PM

This is very opponent dependent, but generally SB has a monster here. It's clearly going to be expensive to play and your hand is very vulnerable as any diamond sinks you as does a 3/4/5, or your opponents cards pairing (a hand like A6 hitting an A for example). If you have the best hand you often won't by the showdown.