Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Did I make the right play?

about 4 tables left in a free live tourney..I am on the button and have 3800 left.. The blinds were 300/600 at the time with 100 ante so there was 1K in the pot.. so i've got

There was one caller in early position, and everyone else folded.. I look down at 66 and raise all-in.. the SB and BB fold and it's back to original caller who has 3200 to call.. he calls and flips over 10J off-suit..

Flop comes AA9.. turn comes a Jack and that was all she wrote..

I'm wondering, was it right to go all-in and try to at least isolate the one player and eliminate the blinds from action or should I have raised to say 1800 and then went all-in on after the flop to maybe induce a fold?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Did I make the right play?

Very easy all in. You have 6bb, so you are basically looking for any possible holding to move in with.

Right now is a perfect spot. The limp could be anything, and it's usually a huge sign of wekaness. I usually move in here with even less, and even if I have more chips.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 AM

Yeah thats a standard push, the result is irrelevant. Don't let it affect your decision making process.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very easy all in. You have 6bb, so you are basically looking for any possible holding to move in with.

Right now is a perfect spot. The limp could be anything, and it's usually a huge sign of wekaness. I usually move in here with even less, and even if I have more chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that was the case.. for future reference, when do you find it urgent to make a move with say 2 high cards or a mid-pocket pair to an unraised pot? If my M was 5 or 6, should I still make the same play?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 AM

Exactly. Which ever one happens to come first.

But, don't forget about positions. If I am on the button and I know the sb and bb play tight, I will move in with literally any 2 if I have 10bb or less (most online sites don't have antes, except about 2).