Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 PM

Default QQ 400 nl

I have a stack of 380 $ and my two opponents have me
covered.

I have QQ.

An EP player raise to twenty, I reraise to 60 $, the BB cold-call and the EP call.

flop is 964 rainbow. There is 182 $ in the pot.

The big blind lead for 95 $, the EP player fold.

I only have about 20 hands with the 2 opponents in this hand so I dont have a lot of reads. The first raiser has raised 4 or 5 of these twenty hands so he seem to be a light raiser. The big blind seem to be a little bit loose but its not very relevant with this number of hands.

So what should I do on this flop and why ?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: QQ 400 nl

Tough one here... I probably am not the person to answer this, cuz i really don't know. But i figure since no one is responding that I'll throw out an answer and maybe it'll be terrible and people will flame away, giving us both the right one... here goes

I'd raise it up... Your raise preflop seems to signify that you want people out of the pot and that maybe you'd want to take it down right there (AK...that's the feel i think you're giving off). He's probably thinking...if you had AA, KK, or QQ you might have just called the 20 hoping to disguise the big pair (I personally agree with your raise). I think you'll see him holding AK - A9 more often than a set of nines... I think KK or AA would have pushed you pre-flop... i'd push here, but im an idiot.

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a stack of 380 $ and my two opponents have me
covered.

I have QQ.

An EP player raise to twenty, I reraise to 60 $, the BB cold-call and the EP call.

flop is 964 rainbow. There is 182 $ in the pot.

The big blind lead for 95 $, the EP player fold.

I only have about 20 hands with the 2 opponents in this hand so I dont have a lot of reads. The first raiser has raised 4 or 5 of these twenty hands so he seem to be a light raiser. The big blind seem to be a little bit loose but its not very relevant with this number of hands.

So what should I do on this flop and why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and see what he does on the turn. It's not unlikely that he has TT or JJ here and is testing the waters, but it's also quite possible that he has you beat. Either way raising here is a mistake I think. If he moves in on the turn I'm folding (unless I spike a Q ofcourse). If he checks I'm checking behind.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:49 PM

You only have 380..and you've bet 60. So you have 320 left. He's led 95 into a $180 pot, so there's 300 in it now. I push, if he paid 60 to flop a set against me, then he's getting my cash.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:53 PM

i'd expect to see AA or KK here a lot, not wanting to put in a 3rd raise preflop and have everyone fold...

this is probably a fold...
Old 08-14-2005, 11:00 PM

hmm...the more i look at it the more i agree with swolfe...this is how i'd prolly play KK or AA here. Damn...i always talk myself into calling...prolly my biggest leak...

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Result

I pushed all-in and he called me with JJ.

I tought that he would have reraised before the flop with KK or AA with all the action. On the flop the typical opponent will check-raise or slowplay a set or AA-KK.

I try to not be result oriented and the decision was close I think, so I wanted the advice.

Another point to think about is if a call on the flop was better to try to have more action from JJ or TT, but an Ace or K on the turn would be bad.