Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 04:15 PM

Default whats next?

looking for something new to read, have gotten through the books I own nearly twice over and want to pick up a few new ones

so far i have read: super system 1, small stakes hold'em, the theory of poker, the psychology of poker, hold'em poker for advanced players, inside the poker mind, mike caro's book of tells, and the tao of poker

i don't mind learning other games, but would like to stick to hold'em till i play better than i do now

currently maintaing a win rate of 2.5 bets/100 playing micro limits over a large # of hands

right now im a college student so don't see my self moveing to higher stakes anytime soon

for the most part im playing limit hold'em, the occasional tourney but mostly cash games

would appriciate any sugestions for books that would further help a player in my situation

sorry for the long post, but figured more information would help others help me
Old 08-20-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: whats next?

[ QUOTE ]
looking for something new to read, have gotten through the books I own nearly twice over and want to pick up a few new ones

so far i have read: super system 1, small stakes hold'em, the theory of poker, the psychology of poker, hold'em poker for advanced players, inside the poker mind, mike caro's book of tells, and the tao of poker

i don't mind learning other games, but would like to stick to hold'em till i play better than i do now

currently maintaing a win rate of 2.5 bets/100 playing micro limits over a large # of hands

right now im a college student so don't see my self moveing to higher stakes anytime soon

for the most part im playing limit hold'em, the occasional tourney but mostly cash games

would appriciate any sugestions for books that would further help a player in my situation

sorry for the long post, but figured more information would help others help me

[/ QUOTE ]
King Yao's book looks pretty good and maybe Improve Your Poker will help.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Winning Low-Limit Hold'em
Internet Texas Hold'em
Weighing the Odds in Hold'em Poker
Middle Limit Hold'em
Improve You Poker
Real Poker II
Poker Essays I, II, & III
Ace on the River
Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM

I would suggest you get harrington on holdem vol 1 or 2. Also if you want to get some more knowledge on Holdem espically limit I would strongly suggest Middle limit hold'em by bob ciaffone. This book has over 200 examples in it and pretty much covers all the situation in Hold'em. I'm also currently reading improve your poker which is also by bob ciaffone and is finding it pretty good. Hopes this helps
Old 08-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Real Poker II or King Yao's book.

I'm currenty reading "How Good is your Limit Holdem" and I think it is worthwhile as well.

MLH if you are planning on moving up limits, but I don't think it applies so much to micro limit games...