Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Please analize this hand

I played this hand with no reads on anyone. I was the first one to the table and it was filling up. I know the preflop raise was a bit loose and I should be horse whipped. I had 1 1/2 BB in the pot before the river and I did not put BB on a made straight or draw at any point in the hand.

I think I should have bet the turn and folded to a bet on the river.

I think I blew the river call and should have folded but didn't. Did I blow it and if so how bad and what did I miss.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 08-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Please analize this hand

Bet-fold the turn.

Checking the turn is only to induce a bluff on the river. But if you're checking to induce a bluff, you want to be in a spot where there aren't any draws out there. You lose more when you give someone a free draw to a better hand compared to what you win when you bet the best hand on the turn.

You also want to check the turn to induce a bluff when villain is known to be aggressive and might check-raise with a hand worse than what you hold (in this case, will essentially check-raise bluff second pair or worse).

But since you didn't, go ahead and call the river bet. Against an unknown, you're not really happy with either decision, but I'd rather call because it's a huge bluffing opportunity.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:17 PM

preflop raise isn't loose at all. I think lots of 2+2ers raise AJ from EP and it's standard from MP. 8 handed it's a must-raise.

flop fine.

turn is a horrible card. I think it's really read dependent. if villain will bluff, go ahead and check now planning to call a river bet.

river is even worse. I fold.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 PM

Any 7, Q or K beats you, and that's not even counting the flush or 2-pair possibilities. But you have to bet the turn, because Villian will raise you with a Q (he doesn't want you to draw cheaply to a flush) and you have an easy fold, seeing as you're drawing dead.

If he calls and bets into you on the river, there's a strong case to be made for folding. What's he betting with that you could possibly beat?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the preflop raise was a bit loose and I should be horse whipped. I had 1 1/2 BB in the pot before the river and I did not put BB on a made straight or draw at any point in the hand.

I think I should have bet the turn and folded to a bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to be raising this hand here

bet the turn, fold to a raise

and check behind on the river

if he isn't on a made straight or a draw then what is he on, A4o?? if he has an 8,9,T he has 5outs(unless its A8), plus the chop outs(8) if he has a K he has 7outs