Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 02:29 PM

Default I took a beating today

I was running real hot the last week or two. I knew that it would not last and today it happened. I took a beating today and rode the Tilt-O-Whirl untill I puked.

I knew that I was getting excelent cards, perfect tables, and great players. I had just gotten poker office and my stats for less than a thousand hands were just to good to be true. I knew that my play would be affected and that when the cards cooled off that I would have picked up some bad habbits.

How can I get back to playing the level I was playing at. I am now playing like a beginer. Has this happened to you guys and how did you resolve it? I am betting hands I should fold because I think that the cards will come to me.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: I took a beating today

Yes, I am in a rut myself right now and have been a money making machine in the past. The problem with poker is that it is too addictive and the things you need to do prolly won't appeal to you. First of all, you need to take a day off from the game. Let ur mind relax. But the thing is, if you are like me you can't wait to get home and play because u love the game and there aint chit to do. The best advice you can get right now is to try to play reeeeealy tight for the next few days and allow ur style to calibrate itself while turning a small profit or just breaking even. The best way to get back on track is to tighten up your game. So tighten up, or otherwise ur gonna be a loser living in a van down by the river.

Indy
Old 08-15-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So tighten up, or otherwise ur gonna be a loser living in a van down by the river.

[/ QUOTE ] I am in a tent by the river now stealing my conection via WiFi.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:01 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
How can I get back to playing the level I was playing at. I am now playing like a beginer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you were running well doesn't mean you were playing well.

I'd say study the game alot more. a LOT more.

b