Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2003, 12:23 PM

Default What\'s with the poll?

On my Internet Explorer page, there is this poll: Is Saddam in control of his military? The exact question is: “Is Saddam still alive and in control of his military?” The choices are: Alive and in control; Alive but not in control; He’s dead; Not sure.

I’m curious. I don’t know who is asking these questions, or why they’re asking me. Does our military need this “intelligence” to better plan it’s campaign? If enough people vote “He’s dead”, will the troops be pulled out? I, personally, haven’t inspected any dead bodies. I haven’t even seen any, come to think of it, so I don’t know what information I can provide about Saddam’s health at the moment. The best I can offer, I think, but it isn’t one of the choices, is that if he’s dead, he’s probably not in control. I’m happy, though, that the poll allows people to answer “Not sure”. We, at the least, can know that those who answer otherwise really, really know for sure if he's dead or not.

Is this just marketing? Does someone want to come out with a Saddam Hussein doll, for instance, but doesn’t want to jump the gun, so to speak? Are the media selling something, here? Are they testing the effectiveness of biased news broadcasts? What is the reason for this poll, and what will they know after they tally up the answers? I’m baffled.

Tom D
Old 03-25-2003, 12:29 PM

Default Re: What\'s with the poll?

Well, the usps won't issue stamps with the likenesses of live people on them, so maybe the poll is sponsored by them?
Old 03-25-2003, 12:42 PM

Default Re: What\'s with the poll?

You know, I think you might have something there. LOL

Tom D