Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 05:40 AM

Default heads up tournament, need advices from good hu playa

Hi guys, reallly need your help on heads up play, I would like some recommendation on how to play when ahed, when behind in chips, would like to know if you play a lot of heads up tournament and if so, what is the % winning rate you need to get to the next level... What is the approximate bankroll you need... What are the sites you recommend to play heads up (with worse player off course...)

Have also some specific things to ask about some situations...

I have 2350 and my opponent has only 650 left, blinds are 50-100, so he has to make a move soon... I'm on BB he push all in and I'm looking to KJ unsuited... Do you call?

You have AK, first hand of the heads up and the other guy push all in preflop, what you do?

you are approx. equal in chips (1500 each), the blinds are high like 60-120 and for sure there is a lot of blind stealing preflop... guy push all in and you are looking to a pp, With wich pp you call? any? My question was originnally for 10-10, but let's put it more general...

Does J-Q suited deserve a big raise call (let,s say 3 or 4 times BB when Blinds are high enough to affect the stack and there are lot of blind stealing??)

Assuming you start with 1500 each, what is the point to push all in no matter your hand in terms of BB?

THANKS to every poeple who will take the time to answer my questions.
Also, any good recommendations would be a pleasure...