Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 07:33 PM

Default 10-20 Commerce Hand

I ($4500) limp in UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain ($2000) raises to 80. He just recently sat down and took a 600 pot from me with 2's full of 6's to my trip 6's with A kicker, which I feel like i lost the minimum on. Tight straight forward player from what I was able to muster. I call and the flop comes

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, villain bets 100, I call. Turn

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, villain bets 400, I move all in.

Comments? What would you have done in each of our shoes?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: 10-20 Commerce Hand

IMO Your play before the flop is OK.

After the flop, why not lead there? After all, he raised in EP so that usually means a good hand, (if you say he's a decent player). By leading the flop you get raised when he has you beat and you can release your hand easier.

On the turn your play is risky. Yes you have the flush draw incase your beat but he might have KK and have you dead. I doubt he'd put you on a 7 since you limped UTG. If I'm him, I call with AK or better. And he likely has AK or better since he did raise in EP. You're risking around 1400 to win 760?? Do you want him to call here? I don't think you do. If you wanna show it down i'd just check call. But that 400 slight overbet screams of AK to me. I could be wrong... I am a 1-2 NL player so I'm not familiar with the kind of action you guys are used to at that limit.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 PM

The hand looks OK, but I generally muck KJ UTG in that game - And even if you decide to limp it, I'm probably not calling that PF raise OOP.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:43 PM

i guess now you're going to find out how tight of a player he really is.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand looks OK, but I generally muck KJ UTG in that game - And even if you decide to limp it, I'm probably not calling that PF raise OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

mucking KJ suited in that game w/ decent stacks and great implied odds from all the donks is got to be -EV.
just don't get married to one pair with it.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mucking KJ suited in that game w/ decent stacks and great implied odds from all the donks is got to be -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding = 0 ev
Old 08-12-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding = 0 ev

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant relative to playing it.