Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Standard play with Pair of 3\'s in CO?

Preflop is a no brainer for me. Do we check behind on turn or keep going strong? Anyone bluffing river?

Just sat at table so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Standard play with Pair of 3\'s in CO?

Most of the time I fire again on the turn, as there are draws on the board &amp; the flop was decidedly unscary to anyone coldcalling my PFR. My intention is to check through on the river UI.

You don't have reads here, but if the blinds are both capable of realizing when they "must" be beat, then the ace on the river provides a reason to fire the third barrel; I probably would here even against unknowns, as I figure that even if I'm called &amp; beaten, this makes it more likely that I'll be called when I'm truly value betting a river in the future. I'm obviously folding to a check/raise if one comes.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:56 PM

I dunno, but betting the river after two unknowns have called the flop and turn at Party 2/4 seems like spewage. I find that few people at 2/4 will lay down a flopped pair for one bet when an A comes on the river.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, but betting the river after two unknowns have called the flop and turn at Party 2/4 seems like spewage. I find that few people at 2/4 will lay down a flopped pair for one bet when an A comes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably is spewage, but it's only 1 bet into a 7.5 BB pot (so his opponents don't have to lay down better hands very often to be +EV), and I do think it helps Hero later in the session when he is holding the ace.

It's not a standard bet, but given the circumstances here &amp; the A showing on the river, I'd give it a shot most times.