Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Paradise software bugs

I've had a number of software problems on Paradise and want to check to see if anyone else has them or it's just me before I subject myself to the aggravation of contacting customer service. I've had the same problems on two different computers, single-tabling on 98SE and 3-tabling on XP Pro.

1. Auto raise caller: I call the BB, it comes back to me raised and Paradise politely calls the raise for me with no action from me. There is no pre-action button checked, the cursor is parked in a safe area far from the buttons, and my hand is nowhere near the mouse. This happens about once or twice a week. I nearly always call here anyway, but if it does it preflop it may well do it after the flop when I want to fold.

2. Auto river checker. It normally happens heads up. I'm last to act, definitely planning to bet or raise. Opponent checks, Paradise politely checks for me and the "show cards" button appears. Again, absolutely no possibility of a misclick. The first few times I assumed opponent was all-in, but last night I'm absolutely certain that he had money and I got screwed.

3. Cards appear as small blank boxes. Makes it kind of hard to read my hand or the board. Shutting down and restarting fixes it. Happens occasionally when first starting up.

4. Buttons suddenly appear as multi-colored snow and I have to hope I hit the right one. Shut down one table and the others went back to normal. Happened once so far.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Paradise software bugs

1 and 2: I don't use those options.
3: Happens to me on occasion.
4: Same as 3.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 PM

#3 happened to me once. I contacted support and they said to change the "optimize graphics" setting. I don't remember whether it's supposed to be on or off, but you should try changing it from whatever you have now.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 PM

i posted awhile back about paradise taking it upon themselves to fold my hand after i bet the pot on the flop(with AAA) and the heads up opponent checked to me on the turn - THEN I FOLD?

they were nice enough to refund me $10 ( i had $9 invested)
but i dont feel much like playing on their laggy software given the "bugs" that have been identified
Old 08-10-2005, 08:53 PM

At least they're making progress--now they just check you instead of folding.