Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Defending BB from SB

Average stack, halfway through medium sized MTT, in the BB with ~20BB stack looking at A10s.

Table folds to SB who has me covered, and little bit of a LAG feel for him, but nothing strong.

He delays, then raised 3.5X to me. Whats my move?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Defending BB from SB

Easy push.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:26 PM

That's my line too, which I played. When I look through my MTT spreadsheet, I am waxed most often in this exact situation where I am either moving on the BB, or pushing back against the SB. I'm starting to think its a major leak.

Whats my pushing range here? I tend to think AA-99, AK-AJo, AK-A10s, or so. Maybe KQs, though I likely put in down where I have a 20+BB stack. Am I off? Should it be more narrow, or wide?

In this case, villian had AQs for what its worth. Not a bad beat story though for me, as I made my flush.

P
Old 08-09-2005, 12:35 PM

You said the SB was laggish, so easy push. It depends a lot on read of SB. If I am the SB, I am probably raising atleast half the time, unless the BB is very aggressive or a calling station. If SB is aggressive, then you don't need much to push or call with.

Some weak players will almost always complete (or fold) in the SB. When they raise, they have the kind of hand you would raise with in early position at a full table. In that case, you need a much begger hand to call or raise.