Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Default C/Raised with top 2 on turn by passive pre flop capper

BB is a loose and very passive 65/2/0.3 over 150 hands
UTG is a LAG and has 2.75BB left after he puts in the flop raise 44/20/4 ~70 hands

UTG Raises ,2 folds, Hero 3 Bets with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , 5 folds, BB Caps , UTG calls , Hero Calls

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for 13.5 SB

BB bets , UTG raises(he has 2.75BB left after his raise) , Hero 3bets , BB calls

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 11.25BB

BB checks , UTG checks , Hero Bets , BB check-raises , UTG calls , Hero ??

I hate this spot, despite having position and having top 2, given his hand range and action so far passive BB has me crushed here often, whats my turn action and river plan if a spade hits and BB leads again,UTG could also pose a probleme by raising the river with a hand worse than mine..
Old 08-09-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: C/Raised with top 2 on turn by passive pre flop capper

I think BB has got AQs and I think you should lay this one down.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: C/Raised with top 2 on turn by passive pre flop capper

w/ a 2 PFR I can't put him on AQs. His line is reasonable w/ AA and the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], KK, QQ and he could have something like AK w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but I think this is the least likely candidate. You're getting over 11 to 1 to call the river, and you're ahead of a good number of the possible hands that he has. You've got boat outs that you have to discount because I think there is a pretty strong likelyhood some of your outs are tied up in his hands. I think you're ahead enough and have enough outs when you're not to call the turn and make a crying call of 1 on the river if an ace doesn't hit.