Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2003, 11:26 PM

Default Single table tourney hand

Hi all,

I wanted to get some input on this hand. I'm not sure, but I think I might have made a mistake which cost me the tournament.

Single table tournament ($5) This table (except for this hand...) is relatively tight/passive, not a lot of people seeing the flop and not a lot of betting on the later rounds.

Limits are 50/100, and I have around $700 or so in my stack.

I'm in EMP with A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Not a super hand, I know, but I'd been getting such crap the whole time I was getting a little impatient and wanted to play. It was folded to me and I limped in. MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, and BB checks.

Six see the flop (very unusual for this table)

K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Checked around, I had planed to fold if anyone bet on the flop, with a pair on the board, and a flush draw, I figured a gutshot straight wouldn't have been worth the risk.

Turn Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img]

Made the nut straight, but now there's a pair on the board, and two flush draws. I bet out, MP calls, CO raises, button calls, SB calls, BB folds. I three bet (I'm still not sure why...was this a good move or just stupid? I was trying to represent a full-house) MP folds everyone else calls.

River is a heart

I bet out because I think I might be able to force out a flush, at least a weak one. Since the CO didn't cap it I'm guessing he doesn't have a full house (maybe trip kings or something or maybe I'd be chopping with him). Everyone calls. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Button had the nut flush to scoop the pot, not sure about anyone else as they mucked. My stack was destroyed after loosing this hand, I managed to stage a small (read lucky) comeback, but still finished in fifth place.

What do you think?

Thanks,
jHE