Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 05:39 AM

Default BB Bubble Hand - Push or Check??

37 players left in a PP $50+5 Tourney. Hero is currently in 31st place with the top 30 in the money. Blinds are at 200/400. Hero is on the BB and has t2500 leftover.

Cards are folded around to the villain (t3600) who limps in one off the button. Button and SB fold. Hero holds ATo.

What's the line here? I think its pretty obvious, but I want to make sure I play important bubble hands like this correctly.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: BB Bubble Hand - Push or Check??

I push here everytime. Villian is probably wanting a cheap flop and will fold to your all in, not wanting to be crippled. There's a slight chance he's trapping or will call with a medium/low pair but you're shortstacked and you need to be making moves.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Its not obvious to me. He has you covered, so he is happy to call a push if he has limped in with a monster or a very good hand. Since you are in BB, you can probably fold into the money. On the other hand AT is a very good hand.
Some other info about payout structure and how they play at the table would be helpful. Do they attack small stacks at every oppurtinity and avoiding each other, or playing as "normal"?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:52 PM

This was about the 4th or 5th hand since we had broken down to four tables, so I had no read on the villain.

Payout stucture details:
30-21st get approx $100 (double the buy-in), the big money is obviously at the final table with only the top four making more than $1K.

I wanted to point out, however, that if the villain calls an all-in from me, it would leave him with less than 3 BB should he lose the hand.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:53 PM

Think I would check and probably fold later to sneak into the money, but I dont play 50+5 and Im certainly not a bubble expert either.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:59 PM

PUSH!!!!!!
unless u retarded then
FOLD!!!!