Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 01:03 PM

Default The NYC Shabangabang Report

This is where you guys can post anything from the whole weekend...cuz the other posts got locked, and i have no idea why

anyway i'm really tired cuz i haven't slept since like 8pm on sunday

it sucks that i didn't get to meet everyone

but i met stox

he brags a lot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i'll post more later
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: The NYC Shabangabang Report

The other threads got locked b/c they were either a signup thread or a planning thread about events yet to occur. The threads got very long and unwieldy. Once the event occured, there's no need for those threads to stay on top. Before it being locked, I asked if anyone wanted to post a trip report thread. So here is one.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:50 PM

I got a tummy ache from eating too many burgers (I had 4), a raspberry milkshake and a beer.

I lost a prop bet to Jason T that he couldn't think of any cool prop bets.

Klepton played every hand and yet somehow broke even. He sucks at Crazy Pineapple, where as I don't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got my revenge on PJN from his huge suckout when we played in a shorthanded game at the Wynn featuring the table drunk. Capped multi-way on almost all streets (we had him whiplashed between myself with the high end of a straight and a donk who had the low end), his flopped set improved to a boat on the river. So this time I bluffed a bigger flush than he had, laying it down to my Queen high winner [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Sfer's girlfriend is cool, but she doesn't play poker (yet).

Bunkette pwns the tournament with her mad limit skills, not bad since she has never played anything higher than 2/4 before. Tom Brooks stops by to say high, even though he has never played higher than 1/2... very cool of you Tom!

Brad tells funny jokes.... but thats nothing new.

Chinese Poker rules.

ok... thats all I have to add for now. Next!

PS: Thank you everyone for attending, and the very kind words of praise you have given to Bunky and myself for getting this event off the ground. There will be more Bunkfests I'm sure, it's not every day that Bunky comes to NYC after all!
Old 08-03-2005, 02:26 PM

Foxwoods blows.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 PM

haha, elaborate please.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, elaborate please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he need to?

Seriously, it was really bad. We decided never to go back there again except for the $800 high-stakes bingo event they have.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Yea, please elaborate, one of you. Going from "...blows" to "...it was really bad" is a shitty elaboration.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM

I'll give it a shot. I'm sure to miss at least 5 nitty rules this place has.

1) Game structures... who plays $4/8 with $2 chips, even has a $5/10 and $10/20 game, and no $8/16, $6/12, or $9/18? It's like they tried to make a way to create as little action in their games as possible.

2) Floor people berating players when he says that he'd "like to sit down in this game if you can't even remember what the turn card was when you bet at it".

3) The turn card mysteriously disappearing into the muck to begin with. "Where'd the 4 go?"

4) Pooled tips.

5) Bad dealers, like the worst dealers ever. Likely the result of 4. We seriously convinced at least 3 good dealers they needed to move to California.

6) Not horrible, but what the hell is with the Blackjack-esque chip trays? No rakedrop boxes, just a chip tray. Just, why?

7) No auto-shufflers.

8) No big games. $2/4 NLHE and $20/40 LHE were the biggest games consistently going.

9) MIDNIGHT LAST CALL!!

10) A closed grill between 3-6 AM. Their "round the clock breakfast" menu only actually had pastries and cereal that you could get "round the clock".

11) $45+15 vig tournament with all-in structure after an hour and a half. I was the chip leader going down to 30 players and I only had 8 big blinds left.

12) An assumed $25/$5 chips used in the $40/80 if it ever gets going. (God knows a place this nitty would be using the $10 chips in $20/40 if they had them).

13) The general amount of stuff closed at 3am here. It seriously was pretty dead.

I'll come back with more later when I'm not playing.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:58 PM

ok i'm gonna do a long very unorganized trip report just like last time, and we'll just figure it out together

at the airport they took my zippo, i said 'but i need to smoke when i get off the plane' cuz i remember if you smoke they allow it, but the guy was an bastard, so no go. btw i dont smoke. plane ride jason and i play heads up limit mixed games the whole way:
- best hand - crazy fox double flop hi-low - i scoop with AA against jason's KK on a board of AK854 and 6552J

new york is hot as [censored], i thought the east coast would be cold all the time, it's not. at baggage claim jason adn i prop bet who's bag comes first. a new yorker sees us slapping our 1's against our hands saying 'cmon bag' and joins in on the action. he wins. we play again. jason wins. prop bets are awesome so far.

marotti and pjn are [censored] badass. we arrive at his place at 2am, drink till 8am, then wake up at 5 to go to the shake shack thingamabob.

sidenote on pjn - i called him "PGN" all weekend, and no one told me i was doing that until monday, so i just kept calling him that.

i try to prop bet that TT will be wearing a blazer. no one takes my action unless it's 4-1. first perosn we see is TT wearing the pwntown shirt and the glasses AND the blazer.

i see max power and i think he's wearing the same shorts from vegas. a random 2p2er i've never met before say to max "i recognize that pale leg from somewhere"

sfer's gf is awesome, cept she doens't like poker. and sfer's worlds really are colliding. megan also didn't appreciate the fact that i flirted with her online.

i met a cool 2p2er who later busted me out of the tourny. i hate you calvin.

sidenote on calvin - jasont and marotti did a prop bet seeing if jasont would be called a nit before marotti would be called a fish. calvin asks me "so who else is here?" i point over to jasont and go 'that's jason t and next to him is cnn---' 'that's the nit guy right?' owned.

fslexcduck barges into our nice little circle and starts talking to us. she asks me if i know of her. i asked her if she had an avatar. she says no, i say 'that's why.' but she's cool, and awesome. but a major smartypants.

why does bdk3clash always look like he's gonna murder someone at any moment while smiling?

some random late twenties lookin guy comes up to our group and TT goes 'klepton this is paul' and i'm like 'yeah alright another guy cool whatever,' then paul is like 'hi your klepton? hi i'm stoxtra---- 'OMG you're stoxtrader?!?' and then i shake his hand for like 10 seconds and make a note to talk to this person later.

so we get ot the club and it's so outta a movie it's not funny. cept the dealers suck. i plan to team up with fduck cuz she looks lonely and cuter than jasont, and i'm trying to secure my hook-ups ya know what i'm saying whhhAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT.

but jason's a fish and he picks me. i try to steal every blind and successfully do it the first time. after that my image is 'full of [censored]'

in the tourny it's omaha, and i look at my first 2 cards - QQ, and decide to raise before seeing the other 2. calvin 3-bets me with 9752o which i guess eemed like a great idea at the time, cuz he got a straight to knock my QQT2 out.

side games. more laughs. fduck and calvin pwn me at pool.

JBB tries to lead us to a bar that he knows. 30 minutes later all 20 of us are jsut like '[censored] it let's walk into this one'

i get [censored] up and talk to stox, actionbob, maxpower and bunky about 30-60 fish. i talk to fduck about how she will soon be the new peachy and pokerjo. i alsmot throw up cuz i drank so much, but that actually means like 5 beers.

stox is serously one of those guys that looks normal and cool but has so much money he would burn 100 bills in front of bums while laughing. then he'd hire someone to kill said bum. stox also took this time to tell us about some awesome 100-200 hands and some other 250-500 hands where he only analysis of the hand was 'thank you god'

so we go back to the club and i own a bunch of people at limit hold em. standard. then i indirectly give marotti about 200 dollars by making the worst discard ever. it was a jason_tish typediscard. discard the pair for the flush draw when no one has proven that they even have a pair. [censored] reatrded.

so we go to bed around 7 and wakeup for atlantic city. when we wake up we realize we dont wanna go to atlantc city. but TT's phone sucks so we don't get to home game it with him at his bachelor pad.

so it's like 1 am and we're all kinda drunk and we say 'foxwoods' and start going. 5 people in marotti's car = death.

foxwoods is literally nitty. it's 4 am when we get there. i see a table with like 5 people sitting down. i go to sit, the dealer yells at me 'sir you need to be on the board and talk to a floor person' i wanna tip her to tell her to shut up, but i can't, cuz it's shared tips.

i dont wanna talk about foxwoods cuz it really did suck. but we met another jason there who hung out with us for the 1.5 days and he was awesome. cepot his party account got closed with 2gs in it. but it took it like a 100bb downswing and shook it off. what a badass.

ok i'm getting tired of writing ubt i'll make another post will all this [censored] from foxwoods
Old 08-03-2005, 11:07 PM

reminds me...

can someone post the fduck chugging pic. that was seriously badass.

Oh yeah, Klepton can't drink for crap apparently but none of us really got drunk at Foxwoods cuz they are nits (well he did the last few hours while I slept) so I never really got to find out. PJN tells me he only had 4 drinks or so but my first guess would've been like 20 by the way he seemed.

Jason_t plays much better than I had ever thought. He'd get murdered at 6max for a while before he adjusted, but this man REALLY needs to move up. I think PJN's coment about $4k in rakeback per month might make him.

That card room is definitely right out of rounders. So badass. Dealer's were awful though. And getting a thousand dollars in twenties was awful too. It's okay, I gave it back to the nits at Foxwoods.

JBB doesn't actually live in New York. He was totally fronting and took us all the way to time square from like 20 blocks away to go to this "bar" he knew of. It's okay, as I was staying in Times Square.

Another reasons Foxwoods sucks: their list of poker terms does not have SHIP IT

$10/20 time... more later.